Z-wave devices/rules do not get transferred during any panel swap, they would always need re-added manually.
We have seen some issues arise and not all data transferred in a couple cases. The margin for error due to timing is slimmer it seems. Please note that it would require a newer GC2 in order to be possible. Settings cannot be transferred from an older Go!Control (with “Emergency” spelled out under the emergency button) to a GC3.
Backup/Restore from an older GC2 to newer GC2, yes that is possible. For the best shot at success, specific steps need to be taken in order.
To perform the restore:
– Let us know you would like a backup run.
– Power down old panel, install existing module into new panel.
– Let us know you are ready to push settings.
– We’ll confirm when the restore is initiated.
– Then power up the new panel with module and antenna. (do not power up the new panel before the restore is pushed)
While its certainly possible to get a list of the settings after a backup is run, the settings on the GC2 and the settings on the GC3 don’t match up 1 for 1 with one another. So having a list of the settings might not be that helpful.