Have you lost faith in 2gig products

I noticed that you stopped selling 2gig panels. Is this because you have lost confidence in them? Curious as to your rationale as I am getting concerned with mine now due to this

We stopped selling 2GIG Panels a while ago, I think approaching a couple years now, because we decided to sell only the panel we recommended to users at the time.

Qolsys currently has a better panel with better support and features.

2GIG Panels are still great choices, but there have been frustrating developments, the big one for me being the long standing motion detection bug in the GC3 which has gone years without a patch. I was told there would be a 3.2.6 version release to fix it, but that is looking unlikely now.

2GIG appears to have chosen to focus on the Edge panel they are releasing. This is good news and bad news. Good news in that it looks to be competitive with the IQ Panel, bad news in that they discontinued the GC2 and GC3, (the non-e-series versions) as well as the SP1.

I agree Jason, 2GIG is certainly “all-in” on the new Edge. As of this writing we are about 18 hours away from launch. For all the hype and considering they’ve pretty much abandoned everything else to develop the Edge, this thing had better be all that AND the bag of chips…

For example, those two speaker grills on the front better be hiding dual speakers, there really should be advanced ZWAVE settings support, and there had better not be any apparent and major software bugs at launch (after all the time we’ve waited) or I may be done with 2GIG myself.

Thoughts on Edge after it’s been in the market? Tech support seems to be better from companies that sell the product. Curious as to your thoughts on Edge now that it’s been out a while

It is competitive with features but I don’t think I have formulated my own opinion quite yet. I just set one up recently for my own testing. I like it so far.

Streaming Onvif compliant IP cams is a nice touch, and it finds parity with the IQ Panel for the most part. We’ll be writing up a detailed comparison soon.

Wonder how their support will be. I’ve heard rumors about a new Qolsys panel but the IQ2 firmware updates continue at regular intervals. Side note- any info about a new IQ panel?

I know that development is going on but I don’t have details I can share.