Hardwiring IQ Panel for wall mount.

I’ve got AC power in the house and would like to wall mount the IQ panel just above a light switch. I can tap into the existing wiring (usually 14 or 12 gauge with a ground) in the walls.

Is it as simple as tapping into the existing wiring and using the + and - leads that are screwed tp the IQ Panel’s power brick?

Thanks in advance for any help. The brick plugged in the wall with the unit on a desktop is just unsightly to me and I’d rather have it wall mounted in a more high traffic area.

I’ve got AC power in the house and would like to wall mount the IQ panel just above a light switch. I can tap into the existing wiring (usually 14 or 12 gauge with a ground) in the walls.

Is it as simple as tapping into the existing wiring and using the + and – leads that are screwed tp the IQ Panel’s power brick?

No

This has been discussed many times. The panel is 12V DC. The power transformer (brick) converts 100v-240v AC to 12v DC. If you wire directly directly to AC you will fry the panel.

You can always create a recessed outlet, and wire it, then conceal it to aesthetically please.

riven, exactly what I needed. Thanks a ton.

Any code considerations for wiring a plug internal to the wall? AFAIK, it’s against code to run low voltage in wall with high voltage.

Is there a code approved in wall converter available? I’ve searched but haven’t really turned up any approved solutions.

No internal. Mount a recessed box with a normal receptacle to plug in transformer

Thanks! Now to find a recessed wall outlet that will accommodate the entire transformer so I can lay the panel flat on the wall with it plugged in and ensure the transformer/wires are not visible. Maybe a 2 gang recessed outlet would do the trick.

Given the shape of the transformer it can be tricky. A double gang box with a rotating or horizontal receptacle may work better. See here.

A $5 available in the store, duplex receptacle and mounted horizontally in the recessed box…