Hardwired sensor to powerg

Hey guys tried using the hardwired sensor part on the powerg door contact and I tried all 3 options and it would either say door was closed but never opened can someone help me out

How do you have the sensor programmed and which sensor is it?

The sensor I was going to use was the gun cabinet and just use the hardwire part and replace that sensor with the qolsys sensor that’s on the front porch door but since I couldn’t get it work correctly I just programmed it back as it was

Which model of sensor are you trying to program? Is it the PowerG 9945?

If so, when you learn it into the panel It should give you the option to use the Aux or reed switch, does it?

You’ll want to select the sensor type in which device you need for the auxiliary input it will support normally open and normally closed devices

The PG9945 I tried both but it wouldn’t alert if the sensor was opens on one of them it said sensor closed but I think I’m going just order an outdoor sensor

Keep in mind, outdoor sensors are often much larger, you will want to make sure the dimensions work for your application.

As I recall, you were going to use the PG9945 that was already being used for its reed switch. Did you ever try removing it from programming as a wireless door contact, and only try programming it to control the hardwired sensor?

i was hoping with that sensor that it would allow me to use it as a double sensor like reed switch which is on the front door and then readd it in as a different zone using the wired side but it wouldnt let me do that so i will look at just ordering me a outdoor sensor which will fit in the spot we need it just dont make sense to me because this same set up is done at my grandmothers using a Powerg Contact sensor on the Front porch Door and havent had any issues so what would cause this

it just dont make sense to me because this same set up is done at my grandmothers using a Powerg Contact sensor on the Front porch Door and havent had any issues so what would cause this

What issue are you referring to here?

The issue was that I couldn’t get the hardwire part to work on powerg sensor and second issue was that I can’t use one sensor as 2 different zones but I’m gonna to fix the issue by just purchasing an outdoor sensor