Hardwired power

My new home currently has an ADT system with wireless sensors but hardwired power which has an internal backup system.

Is there any way that I can use this wiring to power my new IQ panel instead of the AC adapter that is included?

Thanks! Pictures of current power wiring included

What’s the keypad look like

My new home currently has an ADT system with wireless sensors but hardwired power which has an internal backup system.

Is there any way that I can use this wiring to power my new IQ panel instead of the AC adapter that is included?

You can use the wiring depending on its length, but you cannot use the existing power supply, no.

The IQ Panel does not have the same power application specs. Always and only use the included power supply that comes with the IQ Panel. The IQ Panel has its own internal backup battery.

The included power supply wire can be extended using the existing cabling in your wall to the keypad. It is currently run back into a metal or plastic alarm panel can, usually in a utility room or basement.

To be safe and avoid voltage drop, you can double up the conductors, use two for + and two for -

I’m not sure I follow. You say I can use the existing wiring (which only provides power) but must use the power supply that comes with the panel, which needs to be plugged into an outlet.

Can I not remove the red and black wires that are attached to this power supply and splice them into the existing power wires? Or must this new system be plugged into an outlet?

This is a concord 4 system

You say I can use the existing wiring (which only provides power)

Happy to clarify. Those wires are running to the main alarm panel and are connected to the keypad bus terminals on the panel. Typically that is a 12VDC output, along with a pair of data wires.

You can remove the keypad wiring from the alarm panel and repurpose it, connecting it at one end to that IQ Panel plug in power supply and the other end to the IQ Panel.

You must use the 7VDC plug-in power supply that comes with the IQ panel. The IQ Panel cannot be run on a 12VDC output. Please do not try that.

If you do have a Concord 4 here are the terminals:

Terminals 3-6 are the keypad terminals.

Crystal clear. Thank you

Great diagram. This is helpful as I also have an old Concord 4 system.

The existing wire I’m trying to repurpose from the old panel has red, green, black, and white wires (pictured below). When connecting to the IQ Panel 4 and power supply, should I ignore the white and green wires? Or double them up somehow?

Thank you.

I would recommend doubling up the conductors. Use two for positive two for negative.

Typically red and white for positive, black and green for negative. Colors don’t actually matter so long as they are matched up properly on both ends + to + and - to -, but common color coding is recommended.