Grouping Possible?

Is grouping for z-wave electrical outlets possible with the mini-mote? Say… all outlets in the living room, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, etc. can be controlled as one unit?

If so, would I be able to turn on/off a group of lights with rules? (Example: If I am within a certain geo location, turn on all living room z-wave electrical outlets.)

FYI, I will be getting a Mi Casa Verde VeraLite soon. Any problems “grouping” sensors there? Will it still work as the 2gig panel being a secondary controller?

ADC does allow for groups using the website back-end, and actions can be performed as a group from there. However when creating trigger based rules, it appears that all of the units you want the rule applied to have to be selected individually and not by group. The end result is the same however if there are a lot of switches you want to control it’s a little bit annoying to have to go through one by one rather than select the group as one unit.

ADC is still working on a scene feature. I’m hoping rules will be able to trigger scenes. I’m also hoping it gets rolled out before I retire.

Yeah, scenes would be cool. Who are you fooling Ryan? You’re never going to retire!