Going to Qolsys 4 from gc3

I’m thinking of finally upgrading from the 2gig gc3 to the Qolsys 4.

I have a mix of sensors and I would like to reuse as many as possible.

I do have some of the home made 2gig sensors with the ge shock sensors. Can I use those?

I’m assuming if I get the Honeywell and 2 gig compatible Qolsys 4 all of my existing sensors can be used?

And I think I asked this in the past about a silent panel. Can I have the Qolsys 4 arm and disarm silently? I need to be able to leave the house and rearm without waking people up and the dogs would go crazy every time my gc3 panel would talk. I finally pulled the speaker plug.

Yes, your existing 345 Mhz sensors will work, and you can program the door/window and shock sensors the same way, using the two loops for the reed switch and external input as two zones.

I need to be able to leave the house and rearm without waking people up and the dogs would go crazy every time my gc3 panel would talk. I finally pulled the speaker plug.

Are you just needing to open a door without triggering the alarm, but you want the system to be armed again when you leave? If so, the quick exit feature may be a good thing to use.

Under the sounds menu and “Other Sounds” you can disable both touch sounds (when touching buttons on the screen) and the exit beeps used during quick exit.

https://suretyhome.com/wp-content/uploads/IQ-Panel-4-Installation-Manual-4.0.1-210928-FINAL.pdf

I usually disarm first thing to walk the dog. I would like it to be silent. Currently when I leave I arm with the fob or app. Can I get it to be silent using one of those ways?

I had to unplug the voice speaker on my current panel because I didn’t want voice announcement.

You cannot disable the countdown beeps if you arm away from the panel, but there are a couple other options.

Under the Sound menu, you can disable the “Panel” option, which will disable vocal announcements for arming, allowing you to arm and disarm from the app silently, and if you arm from the panel it will not announce the arming either.

You can also enable the Arm-Stay No Delay option in settings which eliminates the countdown if arming stay from the panel, making stay arming in effect silent.

Where exactly are these options. I didn’t see a Panel option in my GC3. I went to Sounds and I can drag the slider all the way down for System Annunciation but it still doesn’t turn it off. Also, for the Arm-Stay No delay where is that set? I assume it’s one of the questions but I’m not sure which one.

This thread is about settings in the IQ Panel 4, not the GC3, that’s not a setting in the GC3. The OP is discussing what can be done using the IQ Panel 4 as an upgrade option.

Ah. I thought you were telling him he could change these settings in the GC3 in lieu of upgrading to IQ Panel 4. So are none of these still possible with the GC3? What about the new Edge panel?

The settings I referenced are for the IQ Panel 4. No, they are not found on the GC3 or the Edge.