Ghost Device

I have a device for which I did not “remove” from the panel (using the remove device feature with a press of the pairing button to remove it from the panel) and now I have a situation where I have deleted the device from the panel but it still shows in the Alarm.com online system. Is there any way to now force the removal of the device from the Alarm.com web site?

Is there any way to now force the removal of the device from the Alarm.com web site?

We’re happy to help! It looks like this might not be related to a suretyDIY subscription however. Your current Alarm.com service provider should be contacted as they would have access to tools to help remove a phantom node that still shows in Alarm.com.

You cannot manually remove it on the user website as the details are all automatically generated via communication with the panel. In this case the panel likely did not update the ADC backend when the deletion occurred.

Many thanks… You are correct, I am not (YET) a suretyDIY subscriber, but once I am out from my contractual commit, I am eager to switch to you guys… I assume it’s easy enough to move over my account if I have the installer codes? And I assume your central monitoring can re-use my currently installed GSM/CDMA radio? -Key

Absolutely, this page here covers how to switch to suretyDIY.

Keep in mind that your cellular module can only be linked to one Alarm.com account at a time. It would need to be unregistered prior to obtaining service through suretyDIY. When ready you can use this Module Check Tool to confirm the status of your cellular module.

We offer the Basic Interactive plan and the Gold Interactive plan. Both can be purchased with, or without, 24/7 Central Station Monitoring. More info on pricing and add ons can be found here as well.