Geo Services Notifications

Hello,

I have my push notifications set up so that I receive sensor notifications when my phone is not inside the geo-fence. It was working great until recently I started receiving notifications when I am inside the home.

My geo-fence is set to a 2 mile radius. I also confirmed that Geo-services is enable on my App and the app allows location services at all times. Is there something else I should be doing for troubleshooting?

Geo-services uses triangulation and phone movement to track the phone’s location. There are some potential issues that can happen depending on phone habits.

It sounds like you may have re-entered your Geo-fence and Geo-services were not able to tell that. Some carriers disallow data during voice usage, so if you were on the phone while driving it might interfere. You might also see issues if the phone was turned off, lost power, or data connection was otherwise lost.

Try turning the notification off for 5 minutes, then re-enable it. Restart your phone. Any change?

Didn’t work unfortunately

Alright, the next thing to try would be turning off Geo-services for your device. Delete the notification. Wait 5-10 minutes, then turn Geo-services back on and select the device for a new notification.

Does that fix the issue? You may need to go to the Geo-services page and delete an old instance of the phone after turning Geo-services back on.