Geo location or smart energy?

I’m a bit confused about whether this functionality is a component of geo location or the smart energy functionality. Basically I want to set up my system so that once my wife or I get beyond 3-4 miles from the house, if we can have our zwave thermostat automatically adjust to a higher temperature and then when we are returning home, automatically bump the temperature back down. Will we need to purchase the smart energy management service to have this work as described or is this part of the geo-location service?

Some additional questions, I want this tied to both our phones so even if one of us leaves but the other remains at home, it won’t make any changes to the temp. Can this be programmed so that we both have to be gone before it changes the thermostat?

Does the 2gig panel recognize if the doors are locked or not? I would guess that once we move into our new home and I get to setting up my system, we will more often than not be manually arming the system when we leave. However, I want geo-location service to also basically double check (and lock if necessary) our Kwikset zwave locks. I guess I just want to know if the panel knows the status of the locks and will leave them locked if they are already, or will lock them if they are not.

I’m sure once I get the equipment and an ADC plan and get moved into the house, it will all make more sense but right now I’m more than a bit confused.

Basically I want to set up my system so that once my wife or I get beyond 3-4 miles from the house, if we can have our zwave thermostat automatically adjust to a higher temperature and then when we are returning home, automatically bump the temperature back down

This is a “Smart Away” feature included with Thermostats control. Thermostat control is included in Gold and is not reliant on Energy Management.

I want this tied to both our phones so even if one of us leaves but the other remains at home, it won’t make any changes to the temp. Can this be programmed so that we both have to be gone before it changes the thermostat?

Yes

Does the 2gig panel recognize if the doors are locked or not?

Yes

I want geo-location service to also basically double check (and lock if necessary) our Kwikset zwave locks. I guess I just want to know if the panel knows the status of the locks and will leave them locked if they are already, or will lock them if they are not.

You can only automate locks based on Arming/Disarming of the Alarm system for safety reasons. You can automatically lock doors when you arm the system.