GE Wall Switch advanced features

Below is a cut and paste from a GE Z-Wave Paddle Dimmer Switch instruction manual, does alarm.com controller/software support being able to turn off LED lights that are on the bottom of wall switch when a device is cut off per the advanced features below from the wall switch manual? I dont want see the glowing lights on wall switch is the goal.

“LED
When shipped from the factory, the LED is set to turn ON when
the connected light is turned OFF. This is the default setting and
can be changed if your primary controller supports the node
configuration function. To make the LED turn ON when the light is
turned ON, change parameter 3’s value to “1”. To turn the LED OFF
at all times, change parameter 3’s value to 2.
• Parameter No: 3
• Length: 1 Byte
• Valid Values = 0, 1 or 2 (default 0)”

Ge-wall-switch.jpg

Unfortunately no, I do not believe any alarm panel supports altering advanced device node parameters in such a way. You would need a secondary controller in order to edit those parameters in this case.

Following up on altering advanced device parameters, does anyone have any suggestions for a secondary controller to do this, keeping the IQ Panel 2 as primary controller? Editing parameters such as dim rates and status LED’s on dimmers would be the only purpose for adding the secondary controller, so would it be simpler to simply first add the dimmer to a separate VeraEdge-controlled z-wave network, for example, edit the parameters, remove the dimmer from network and re-add it to the IQ2 network? If so, would the dimmer retain the new parameters when switching from one network to the other?

Read about the many hassles of adding a secondary SmartThings or Vera controller on the IQ2 and having all the devices properly transfer from one controller to the other, so would prefer to not have to go through those steps, especially since I’m generally satisfied with the functions of the IQ2 other than access to the advanced parameters.

Im my case, looking to modify parameters on Zen22 and GE 14294 dimmers (annoyed at the slow turning on and off transitions). Ideally, would also look forward to integrating scene features from the Inovelli dimmers, but that seems impossible without a ST hub connected as either primary or secondary controller.

Thanks!

does anyone have any suggestions for a secondary controller to do this, keeping the IQ Panel 2 as primary controller?

This would be the other way around. To clarify above, you would want to use another controller, but the IQ Panel 2 would be the “secondary controller” in the network. The other controller would have a wider Z-wave compatibility.

Editing parameters such as dim rates and status LED’s on dimmers would be the only purpose for adding the secondary controller, so would it be simpler to simply first add the dimmer to a separate VeraEdge-controlled z-wave network, for example, edit the parameters, remove the dimmer from network and re-add it to the IQ2 network? If so, would the dimmer retain the new parameters when switching from one network to the other?

That’s a good question, but unfortunately I believe the clear/removal process in order to add it to the IQ Panel 2 would default the parameters. At least the GE dimmers will work that way.