GD00Z-4 Garage Opener with GC3/Alarm.com

Hello,

I just installed GOControl GD00Z-4 Garage opener (Z-Wave) over the weekend and I have it connected to the SmartThings hub. My GC3 Panel is configured as a secondary controller and I see the garage opener as a “Unknown Device” in the GC3 Panel. However, I’m not able to control the garage opener via the GC3 panel. I think I heard this might be a limitation of GC3… anyhow, is there a way to have Alarm.com control this device? (I currently do not see this listed under EmPower --> Garage in my alarm.com account menu)

THanks.

You can’t control from the GC3, but it works in alarm.com and should show up under emPower in garage door. Here’s a link from my own home that shows the garage and a low battery report just fired off this AM. I’m not in front of one, but I believe it does say unknown device as you mention on the GC3.

However, I’m not able to control the garage opener via the GC3 panel. I think I heard this might be a limitation of GC3… anyhow, is there a way to have Alarm.com control this device?

I see a Z-wave garage door showing on your account. Are you not able to access it? You may need to log out and log back into Alarm.com.

I see it in alarm.com now. I guess it took alittle awhile to show up. Thanks!