GC3 wired siren to IQ4

I am going through the process of moving my GC3 panel over to IQ4 345 MHz and need help on how to transfer the wired GC3 wired terminal 4 and 5 SIREN/BELL. This legacy siren/bell is external wired with tamper alarm (TAKE 345 Zone 16 activates if the outside siren cover is removed). This wiring was compatible with the GC3 panel and wired (power/neutral ) directly to bell outputs on panel (yellow wire to # 4 on GC3 and green wire to #5 on GC3) and it worked without a problem.

What is your recommendation on moving this siren/bell over to the IQ4 34 MHz.

The IQ Panel 4 does not have a wired siren terminal, no terminal block inside.

It can support wired sirens by way of the Hardwire 16F (319.5Mhz version) or the Hardwire PowerG takeover (any version).

The wired siren could be replaced with a wireless one, like the PG9901.

I Purchased an IQ 16-F Hard wire panel and trying to connect the siren .
It seems that I successfully paired the 16-F to the IQ4, but it does not show the wired siren as a zone or sensor.
The red is the wire to siren and black the ground, the wires go directly to the outside siren.
Before the change from GC3 to IQ4 I successfully connected these wires to my GC3 and it worked.
Any Suggestions?

I Purchased an IQ 16-F Hard wire panel and trying to connect the siren .
It seems that I successfully paired the 16-F to the IQ4, but it does not show the wired siren as a zone or sensor.

The IQ panel won’t show the siren as any zone. It is not a sensor zone. Test the siren activation through alarm activation.

Not sure where alarm activation is located?

Alarm activation means to set off an alarm as a test. If you have 24/7 professional monitoring on your plan, be sure to set your account on test mode first in the system manager here.

As long as the Hardwire 16F is included as a zone on the panel for supervision, the panel should wirelessly activate the siren output on the Hardwire 16F

No siren, I am not sure that the Hardwire 16F is a zone. Can you walk me through adding the 16F to IQ4. I may be doing it wrong!

I only have the Siren wired to the 16F no other sensors…

From the manual, steps below would be the same on the IQ Panel 4

Since I only have the siren wired, pulling the ground from the siren would be my “Trip”, correct?
I have done this several times and I fail to get the onscreen prompts?

No. Per the instructions you would need to use the tamper terminals. These are the terminals labeled tamper. Here is the full manual:

The Siren Tamper relay was run through the TAKE 345, so disconnect the siren tamper relay and remove it from the IQ4 345 MHz. Then wire the tamper relay to the IQ4 “TAMPER” Terminal.

I mean the IQ 16-F TAMPER terminal?

The pairing of the IQ Hardwire 16F to the panel has nothing to do with the siren.

You use the tamper terminals on the IQ Hardwire 16F and just use a jumper between them if you do not have them connected to a tamper switch. For the vast majority of installations there is no tamper switch on the old panel housing, so you would just use a jumper (a short section of wire)

So I just realized, looking at your account you’ve used a 345Mhz IQ Panel 4.

The Hardwire 16F only works with the 319.5 Mhz version of the panel.

The PowerG Hardwire translator would work. It looks like you have a lot of wireless zones already connected. How many wired zones are you looking to add?

If you are not using any wired zones I would recommend replacing the wired siren with a wireless one, like the suggested PG9901

I would prefer to use the PowerG Hardwire translator and will order it now. I see that you sell it.

I ordered the wrong unit IQ 16F from Surety can I return it?

Yeah if you need to return an item, to get the process started send us a private message or email support@suretyhome.com.