GC3 w/Z-wave Siren

Hi there. I’m having issues getting my GC3 to alert to a new z-wave siren I purchased.

The siren is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PKKM2HO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have it registered as a device, and associated with the GC3 panel in the system on Group 6 and no-go. I get no response form the siren when testing in actual alarm conditions (stay and away).

For the record, Q9 is enabled, Q28 is disabled, Q40 is 4, and Q43 is default.

Any thoughts? Is this siren not compatible?

Thanks in advance.

GC3 does have some compatibility issues still which firmware releases will address but some things to check:

-When you enrolled the device at the panel did the panel register it as an unknown device?

-At the panel Under Access Settings – Smart Home Settings – View All Devices what is the device listed as?

-Does the device show up in alarm.com? The z-wave rules section (under emPower) should have an option to add an event upon triggering an alarm. The device should show up here.

-Additionally, how far away is the siren from the panel and do you have any ac powered Z-wave nodes in between? How close to the panel was the device when you paired it?

Thanks for your response…

When you enrolled the device at the panel did the panel register it as an unknown device?

No it enrolled as a siren.

At the panel Under Access Settings – Smart Home Settings – View All Devices what is the device listed as?

Siren

Node ID: 2

(note the space above was deliberate as it does not have a mfr listed)

Does the device show up in alarm.com? The z-wave rules section (under emPower) should have an option to add an event upon triggering an alarm. The device should show up here.

I have not setup an alarm.com account yet. I was waiting for my cellular module to come (which it did today). I really want to get all of the parts and pieces working before I commit to an account. This and the firefighter device (still in the mail) are my last pieces.

Additionally, how far away is the siren from the panel and do you have any ac powered Z-wave nodes in between? How close to the panel was the device when you paired it?

It was less than 10’ away when I programmed it (it took right away without issue) and is currently in a different outlet still 10’ away but the other direction. Eventually it will be ~40’ away. I didn’t have any other Z-Wave devices at the time. I have since purchased the Utilitech z-wave strobe/siren from Lowe’s just to see if I could get it to work and it works perfectly. I was just hoping not to have a battery maintenance issue, which is what intrigued me about the Aeotek one.

Thanks again for your assistance. Hopefully my monitoring account setup process goes smoother. The radio is reporting a 4/6 signal and it passed the tests, so should be good to go.

I have since purchased the Utilitech z-wave strobe/siren from Lowe’s just to see if I could get it to work and it works perfectly.

The Aeotec may not be fully compatible at this time (or may just be older gen models that are), however yes the utilitech should work according to 2GIG.