Gc3 Sp2 wont stay connected with a static ip.

I set them up with both static ip and they worked fine for a few days.

I have had the following issues:

Drops out and wont connect

Will reconnect when I go into networking settings then it reconnects
I got a bad passord error after it had already been connected and working.

I set both panels to have static ip and I am using ddwrt.

What else can I look at to try keeping it connected.

Drops out and wont connect

Will reconnect when I go into networking settings then it reconnects
I got a bad passord error after it had already been connected and working.

Which panel is showing the connection issues to the wifi network?

The main panel was disconnecting every sonofter.

The sp2 was doing it pretty regularly.

I setup a second router and it’s been stable so far. Very well could be an issue on my end with my router.

I have had the same thing happen with the SP2’s constantly disconnecting. Manually trying to re-connect and re-entering the password does not help (it tells me the password is incorrect, but it is not). The SP2’s are set to static IP’s. Only solution is rebooting the SP2’s. I have gotten in the habit of rebooting the SP’s once a day to keep them connected (at least for the duration of 24hrs).

I have been told it is a router issue, or lack of compatibility of some routers with the SP2’s. In general, I feel it is just a buggy, rushed product and a waste of money.

Is there any mention of the SP1’s having a similar issue? I think at the very least the SP1’s can be hardwired (with the Ethernet attachment added to the SP1).

I have had the same thing happen with the SP2’s constantly disconnecting. Manually trying to re-connect and re-entering the password does not help (it tells me the password is incorrect, but it is not)

What network security type is your router currently using?

Is there any mention of the SP1’s having a similar issue?

SP2’s are a tablet emulating the GC3 UI. SP1’s are essentially a GC3 without the cell module and use the exact same firmware as the GC3 itself. 3.1.1 helped address a number of router compatibility issues.

Wpa2 personal security type.

Been 99% good with the other router connected.

I think it’s an issue with the 2.4ghz radio on my netgear with ddwrt.

I had some connection issues with the doorbell camera and 2.4ghz too and didnt think much of it. Switched it over to the other router and seems alot better.

I hadent use 2.4 band on my wireless in 4 years because of interference at our last house.

Still wist they had included the 5ghz band on the sp2 panel. It is 2018…

Been 99% good with the other router connected.

I think it’s an issue with the 2.4ghz radio on my netgear with ddwrt.

This makes sense, as the issue is likely a default setting difference, and 2GIG explicitly calls out router compatibility as an improvement in 3.1.1

Still wist they had included the 5ghz band on the sp2 panel. It is 2018…

5ghz doesn’t benefit the panel with extra bandwidth, and range is more limited typically. I would like to see the option too though.