Hello, I recently updated my GC3 main panel to 3.1.2 firmware. It automatically updated all four of the SP1 panels I have in the system. Now I can’t get any of the SP1’s to sync. All say connected and paired, but won’t sync. I’ve tried on WiFi and Access Point. When on 3.1.1 version, I was only ever able to get them to sync using the Access Point method, and had to leave WiFi off, which naturally gave me a broadband connectivity failure error. Anyhow, power cycled every panel, left off for 5 min each. Can get one SP1 to connect via WiFi, but then never syncs. Can also get to connect via Access Point, and attempts to sync, but then drops it and says authentication problem. The 3.1.2 update says it was supposed to fix connectivity issues, but I have yet to see the value of the update. Still can’t get the SP1’s to connect and sync. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!!
In addition, I also disabled and unpaired one of the SP1’s, cycled power on both SP1 and main GC3, was able to re-pair but still won’t sync, same issues as above with WiFi and Access Point methods.
To reconnect the SP1s you’ll want to first reset them.
On the SP1, press and hold the two front face buttons for 15-20 seconds, the screen should revert to the wireless setup and pair button screen.
On the GC3 make sure that if you have a current iteration of the SP1 (under system configuration – Keypads) from trying to learn it in that you use the trash icon on the left half of the screen to reset that keypad slot and delete any info.
Then make sure the SP1s and GC3 are on the same wifi network and pair one by one under System Configuration > Keypads. Any luck?
All keypads will delete and repair (reset included in this process). All
On same Wifi network. When syncing through a WiFi network, just like on firmware 3.1.1, only one SP1 will ultimately sync. The others connect to the router, but never attempts to sync. On 3.1.1, the only way I was able to get more than one SP1 to sync to to forget the WiFi network and use the GC3 Access Point. I’ve tried the same processes on 3.1.2 and still can only get one SP1 to sync through a WiFi router (currently using Google WiFi Routers). Forget WiFi network, enable access point, all four SP1’s will connect, attempt to sync, but then drop out and say authentication problem.
All keypads will delete and repair (reset included in this process). All On same Wifi network. When syncing through a WiFi network, just like on firmware 3.1.1, only one SP1 will ultimately sync. The others connect to the router, but never attempts to sync
Is it always the same SP1 that can connect and the others can’t? Or do different SP1s connect and it only matters which one you try first?
What is your network setup? How many access points do you have?
Forget WiFi network, enable access point, all four SP1’s will connect, attempt to sync, but then drop out and say authentication problem.
I would troubleshoot this first, as there shouldn’t be a reason they cannot connect to the panel with Access Point mode.
When you enable Access Point on the GC3, the correct GC3 ssid and password is displayed on the screen. This SSID must be selected and this password must be entered at the SP1. An authentication problem would typically indicate that the password was incorrect.
Before trying this process, forget the wifi network and power cycle the SP1. After the power cycle try connecting to the GC3 access point.
Ok, the latest. IN GC3, deleted all SP1’s. Reset all SP1’s by pressing both buttons for 20 sec and the power cycle. All display not connect not paired. Enabled Access Point on GC3. Connected one SP1, but keeps saying authentication problem. Double and triple checked correct password. Won’t obtain IP address. Tried to pair even though not authenticated, obviously unsuccessful. Need to get this to connect before trying to pair. The Access Point network name consists of two words with a space between them, uppercase, lower case and number. Password is one word, no spaces, contains uppercase, lowercase, number and special characters. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, possibly a bug in the system. Can’t imagine because before the update to 3.1.2, was able to connect successfully with Access Point. Ideas?
Hmm, can you verify that all the SP1s are actually at 3.1.2?
It kind of sounds like there is a firmware discrepancy.
There is actually a new firmware available now, 3.1.3, which states that it addresses SP1 network connectivity. See firmware on this page.
You’ll need to apply the same firmware to all SP1s and the GC3
3.1.3 seems to have corrected the issues. All SP1’s connected and paired with no issues. Thank you! The one issue I do still see, and it may be something you could bring up with 2gig, but if you are connected to a wireless network, Access Point will not work. So in order to connect via Access Point, you have to forget any wifi networks you might be connected to. Then this brings up the issue that you now get a fault for loss of dual-path communication.
The one issue I do still see, and it may be something you could bring up with 2gig, but if you are connected to a wireless network, Access Point will not work.
Correct, the Wifi adapter on the GC3 will not operate on multiple networks at one time. When set as an Access point, the GC3 becomes the access point for SP1s instead of your router and is no longer connected to your wifi LAN.
Glad to hear the connection issue is resolved.