GC3 "smart areas" ; notification not clearing?

Noticed the latest firmware included a new “smart areas” feature, so i have been playing with.
is there any manual info i could study on how to use, best features etc?

yesterday i tripped the second alarm area, got the alarm. The main panel now shows a notification , and the smart label is highlighted red. i have selected the alarm, hit both “acknowledge” and “cancel” ; neither seem to clear the alarm.

Yes, 2GIG has an updated user guide which includes Smart Area partition support here.

It does not look like there are any additional partitions currently. Did you remove the second partition you set off the alarm for? Have you tried adding another partition since?

i have two areas: System and Basement.
i have deleted all the basement items, and now just added one motion sensor back to that area.

i’m trying to clear the alert, and get rid of the RED

i finally powered off the panel, and the red went away.
still learning about “smart areas”, thanks for the manual.

I am having a similar problem with smart areas. My smart areas button is showing in yellow. On my main (area 1) its showing me an alert of cell communication failure 2 months ago… I have acknowledged it month ago but it still wont clear. I have power cycled the panel. and it still wont clear. Anyone else having this issue.

Yes, this is likely related to this thread. There is a bug which will cause the Smart Areas button to continually indicate a trouble even after acknowledgement. Upcoming firmware should resolve.