GC3 rumored now for ...January 2016?

well… for what it is worth, the rumour now is for January 2016 release date.

the GC3 is rumoured to boast::
3G and 4G LTE cellular radio
Partitions
WIFI
Bluetooth
USB Port
100 zones
7" screen

I would put zero faith in rumored release dates prior to official manufacturer statements. Chances of being accurate are as good as Y2K predictions were.

4G was bound to happen, 4G LTE is now an option on Simon panels I believe. The other rumors are definitely intriguing though. Partitions would be nice.

If it does have wifi, will that put my bridge out of business?

Having a USB port for upgrades would be nice. Would be nice too if BT would connect to little BT speakers for alarms and voice com.

Would be nice too if BT would connect to little BT speakers for alarms and voice com.

That is what I was hoping for with Qolsys Bluetooth. Hopefully something like this is implemented if it is a class 1 radio.

Well - they now announced February ship to dealers. No prices listed though but they claim an upgrade path for GC2 users. Any info on pricing yet? The features look compelling enough to switch, but the cost may drive that. I still wish the panel would talk with Hue lights (zigbee?). But I doubt that is in there. I’ll settle for wifi without an outboard box.

There is no date for official availability on suretyDIY, although some information is now available.

April

Please bear with me… I’m a newbie.

Will the currently available control panel be usable as a secondary keypad with the GC3 as the control panel when it becomes available?

I literally just got my 2Gig system delivered yesterday via UPS. I haven’t even taken stuff out of the box yet, but I’m wondering if it make sense to install the control panel if it is going to be outdated in a couple of months time or if I should return while in the 30 day period.

Will the currently available control panel be usable as a secondary keypad with the GC3 as the control panel when it becomes available?

No. Option may be the PAD1 as secondary (up to 4 keypads).

for more info see:
https://2gig.com/products/control-panels-keypads/gc3-panel/

The Go!Control panel won’t be usable as a secondary to the GC3 but as I understand it 2GIG’s intention is not for the GC3 to replace the Go!Control panel. The GC3 is to be the high-end model in their product line and the Go!Control panel will remain the base model. The GC3 will cost more, has a nicer touch screen and more features. The Go!Control will continue to be sold and supported for a long time. Whether you would rather have the base model or high-end model is up to you. But according to 2GIG the GC3 won’t make the Go!Control obsolete it will just give buyers the choice of a higher-end model.

Been lurking a while now. Since about June I have been holding off on pulling the trigger, hoping to just start with the Go 3 when it comes out.

Reading through these forums and the info on 2GIGs site, it occurs to me that all of the components for the Go 3 system that I will need won’t really be available right away anyway.

I need two secondary panels for my system. If TS1s aren’t compatible, which would make sense since the panel functions would change, then I doubt there would be a good option right away. Looks like Qolsys released a secondary keypad at least a couple quarters after the main panel. Is it safe to assume similar from 2GIG?

I’m guessing a lot of additional features will become available in the time after release too for the Go 3. Since I need a system quick I’m thinking I’ll just get a cheaper GOControl and replace after a year or so with the Go 3 when more of a verdict is in on it. Just my 2 cents. Most of the sensors and home control stuff will be cross-compatible still, correct? Based on Ryan’s comment I would imagine so where the Go and Go 3 coexist as options.

All indications would suggest a secondary control keypad would be released later after the primary panel. This is similar to the release of the TS1 and IQ2.

I’m guessing a lot of additional features will become available in the time after release too for the Go 3.

Capabilities continue to be enabled for the GoControl Panel and typically do not stop. In the first year there will likely be a number of additional features activated on the GC3. All indications suggest the same line of sensors will be used for both panels.

indications suggest the same line of sensors will be used for both panels.

I was not aware that 900mhz devices are supported. Are they? (if not, may mean no ADC PIR motion Image Sensors)

All indications would suggest a secondary control keypad would be released later after the primary panel

My understanding is that a secondary panel is currently supported and available (345mhz 2GIG-PAD1)

I was not aware that 900mhz devices are supported. (which may mean no ADC Image Sensors)

My understanding is that a secondary panel is currently supported (345mhz PAD1)

You are correct, we have no indication that initially the same 900 mhz Image sensor would work. There may be a separate model of Image Sensor that will be supported, but no word at this time.

Yes, the PAD1 is likely an initial option. We are referring to a secondary keypad with comparable touchscreen, user interface, sounder, etc.