GC3 or Qolsys help

I currently have a Simon XTI system installed. Every door and window is monitored and I also have glass break sensors, carbon monoxide, and smoke detectors connected (these are all wireless). Additionally, two outside gates are connected to the system (the two gates are wired). Total of 28 sensors. Current monitoring agreement is up so looking to upgrade. I have a home automation system for lights, doorlocks, garage door, and cameras so not interested at this time in integrating any of those devices to the new security system.

I can’t decide between the GC3 and the Qolsys.

Does anyone know when the new Qolsys IQ Panel 2 will be available?
Does the 2Gig TS1 keypad work with the GC3?
If i choose Qolsys then I believe my existing sensors will work. If I choose the GC3 I believe I need a wireless translator. Is that correct?
Which cellular card do I purchase - I see one for ATT and one for Verizon.

I welcome any advice and guidance anyone is willing to share!

Thank you
Michael

Welcome to the forum!

Does anyone know when the new Qolsys IQ Panel 2 will be available?

It is currently in beta and there is no release date information for the new primary panel at this time.

Does the 2Gig TS1 keypad work with the GC3?

No it does not. The TS1 requires the 900Mhz Transceiver, which is only available for the GC2. As such the TS1 and the 2GIG Image Sensor is not compatible with the GC3. A secondary panel is in the works for the GC3 but at this time, there is little to no information on specs and release date.

If i choose Qolsys then I believe my existing sensors will work. If I choose the GC3 I believe I need a wireless translator. Is that correct?

Yes that is correct. However, a translator, such as Resolution Products RE-524X, would not be compatible with Life Safety Devices such as smokes and carbons. You would need to get 2GIG compatible detectors.

Which cellular card do I purchase – I see one for ATT and one for Verizon.

You want to go with whichever provider offers the best coverage in your area. You can utilize this Coverage Check Tool to find the best fit.

the 1st generation IQ Panel is clearly the better choice. Not only can you learn your existing sensors in without a translator, but you get a panel camera that sends disarm photos to your phone, wi-fi and cellular dual path connectivity for faster communication speeds, access to add up to three 7" Touchscreen secondary panels (called the IQ2) and software updates over the air.

Seems like a no brainer, even if we weren’t biased!

Thanks for all of your help. I agree that the IQ Panel is a better choice in my situation however I just don’t like the look of it as well as I like the look of the GC3. I think I’ll give it another month and see if there might be a release date for the IQ Panel 2.