GC3: Firmware Upgrade Fails

While upgrading GC3 to the latest “gc3-3.1.1.5862-update-prod.2gig” firmware via a USB dongle, after all is copied and “processed” I get:

Should I look for a different “.2gig” file?

(the pic is from the image search, so the date is off, but my screen shows the same message after the upgrade)

Hi there,

I also received the same error code 16 when I tried to update to 3.1.1.5862, and then when the panel restarted, it gave me some weird sensor issues. It said “loss of supervision” for one, and didn’t even show the name of my rear door when it was opened. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Solved.

Problem: I was upgrading from “3.0.2” and apparently there is no path from “3.0.2” to “3.1.1”
Solution: Upgraded to “3.1.0” first, and then upgraded to “3.1.1”

Hope it helps others.

To increase search hits, the original error: “Your GoControl panel firmware FAILED to update and provided an error code of 16. ‘Application failed to start’”

I also received the same error code 16 when I tried to update to 3.1.1.5862, and then when the panel restarted, it gave me some weird sensor issues. It said “loss of supervision” for one, and didn’t even show the name of my rear door when it was opened. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

There are a few similar errors on the GC3 panel with regard to firmware, since this panel already has 3.1, could you post a photo of the error code message so we can verify the exact message and send to 2GIG if necessary?

Sensor Supervision is a separate issue regarding sensor signals. Supervision is a timed heartbeat signal letting the panel know that the sensor exists and can communicate. Which sensor showed loss of supervision? I do not see any sensors currently with a malfunction status.