GC3 Firmware 3.0.1

Release Notes & 3.0.1 firmware attached!

Download here - Dropbox - GC3 Firmware3.0.1.zip - Simplify your life

10014735A-GC3-Firmware-Release-Notes-v3-0-1-Rev-A-en.pdf (188 KB)

10014735A-GC3-Firmware-Release-Notes-v3-0-1-Rev-A-en-1.pdf (188 KB)

ADC T2000 thermostat and RTS sensor all work wonderfully in this firmware release.

Yes! We are very excited to begin testing this new firmware. Especially looking forward to the ADC T2000 compatibility. Unfortunately, there is no release date for the 2GIG IMAGE2 at this time, so that will have to wait.

For those that don’t want to click:

Support for Image Sensor The GC3 panel now supports the Image Sensor. The 2GIG-IMAGE2 powered by Alarm.com combines the capabilities of a wireless PIR motion detector and a digital still camera. The Image Sensor offers traditional motion detection combined with visual confirmation of why the motion sensor was activated. To use the Image Sensor with GC3 the system requires the new 2GIG-XCVR3-GC3 to be installed. NOTE: The 2GIG-IMAGE2 will NOT work with GC2 panels. NOTE: The 2GIG-IMAGE1 will NOT work with GC3 panels. Support for additional Thermostat The GC3 firmware now supports the Alarm.com T2000 thermostat. General Enhancements • Improved Two-way Voice performance when switching between modes • Improved Two-way Voice performance when using Listen mode with 3G radios • Fixed issue with switching temperature to Celsius (Q24: Temperature display units) • Improved performance of Periodic Test Reporting (Q36: Periodic Test) • Various system performance enhancements

We will post more information/findings as they come about

Really hoped to see firmware supporting the secondary display they said was coming soon. Possibly the firmware supports it, but they don’t share it.

Also, I hoped they would unlock WiFi and serial functionality built into the device.

The info is on the dealer site, but you just drop the firmware on a USB stick and go.

Yeah I was hoping for wi-fi too. Not as concerned with secondary support until there is an actual panel release date, which is still TBA

2GIG told me end of year several months ago for the secondary display, so that’s why I hoped the firmware would be out now and followed buy the actual display.

The WIFI is the primary feature many are waiting for on the firmware release. I don’t see much benefit in the new release except the speaker improvement. If they don’t release that then the GC3 will be doomed and other will move onto other devices which are quickly surpassing the GC3.

So will it be sent OTA or do I need to manually update the firmware?

Manual download, but it’s really easy to do. Even though it says Macs are not supported, they are. Just drop it on a USB stick and stick it in the top and follow instructions.

I think WiFi is the primary feature, but I actually think it’s a really close second to support for a secondary display. To have a nice panel like the GC3 and have a clunky keypad by other doors or in the master suite is a bit odd.

I think WiFi is the primary feature, but I actually think it’s a really close second to support for a secondary display. To have a nice panel like the GC3 and have a clunky keypad by other doors or in the master suite is a bit odd.

A slower release for a secondary panel makes sense.

It’s in line with all other panel releases to have a delayed secondary keypad. I do hope one comes soon, as in many cases the keypad is preferable.

WiFi does allow for the secondary pathway for Alarm.com, if they enable it. WiFi would be great if 2GIG does more with it than just that. We’re almost a year without a secondary panel, so it’s a good time, and a 2GIG rep told me it should be out by now…such is the story of the GC3 to begin with.

I have noticed that the previously sometimes spotty voice command playback now is fluid. On my own panel, it would often sound choppy when saying things like “arming stay”. Most of the time it was fluid, but often not so much. Does anyone know of a list of the fixes? I didn’t see anything.

I have also upgraded (using a mac).

I can also confirm that the T2000 thermostat and RTS sensors are working correctly now.

I did also notice new icons in the installer toolbox for an image sensor and keypad.

Overall, it seems the GC3 is a bit faster and the voice prompt is less choppy.

However, I was hoping that alarm.com would now have the state of the z-wave light switches, but no luck there…

Release note details can be found earlier in this thread. General improvements are typically not itemized.

However, I was hoping that alarm.com would now have the state of the z-wave light switches, but no luck there…

I’m looking forward to this as well, this would be a joint addition by 2GIG and ADC. An ADC rule must poll devices locally in order for status to update.

BTW, I can’t recommend Lutron RadioRA 2 enough (integrates with Alarm.com) and Caseta is good as well. It however won’t show on the 2GIG panel, but if anyone has questions, I’m a L2 certified Lutron guy.

Funny that this firmware update is really not the one we had hoped for. I really find it useless overall unless they release a new one later this month with WIFi and allow video on the screen or something like that.

Schalliol - if you have a moment, I would like to ask you about a very simple Z-wave setup. I don’t want to hijack this thread, though. I will post in a separate thread here: Z-wave 3 way setup

I really find it useless overall unless they release a new one later this month with WIFi and allow video on the screen or something like that.

I was definitely hoping for Wifi being enabled. But, two way improvements were very high priority, as was device compatibility with the ADC T2000, which has become the most popular Tstat it sounds, and the new Image Sensor. We hope to see a quick turn-around for further updates.

If they don’t release that then the GC3 will be doomed and other will move onto other devices which are quickly surpassing the GC3.

I like playing with new stuff. What is currently surpassing the GC3?

I would also like to see some more z-wave product compatibility… It was nice to see the T2000 thermostat work properly now, but i was also hoping my Linear Z-wave garage door controller would also be supported by the GC3 itself.

+1 on GDO status from panel and operation

I have to say I am happy that they released something. I have been holding out for adc t2000 compatibility and am excited about that. Reality is though, what is in the update is less than exciting for the time it took to get here. Am I going to have to wait another extended period for Linear Z-wave garage door, wifi, more z-wave support?