GC3 display not responding

I’ve had 2 instances now where my GC3 screen stops lighting up/responding. It continues to respond to arm/disarm commands both from the app and through Alexa (so the communicator is working fine).

It requires a reboot which is sort of a PITA for me to disconnect the battery AND power. Last time I had this issue, Surety suggested the “Restart panel” option, which I chose to do this time. Unfortunately that made the panel totally unresponsive (since ~7am yesterday since I haven’t got around to hard power-cycling it yet), no door chimes, nothing.

Is there a fix to this, or something I should be doing to avoid this from happening?

Unfortunately that made the panel totally unresponsive (since ~7am yesterday since I haven’t got around to hard power-cycling it yet), no door chimes, nothing.

Is there a fix to this, or something I should be doing to avoid this from happening?

Interesting, if you are seeing this multiple times and the panel fails to boot back up this time, there may be a power issue or a software error occurring.

There wouldn’t be anything specific that I could say don’t do in this circumstance, however I do have a couple questions.

1. Are you using the 2GIG Transformer that was included with the panel? It should be a 14VDC white plug-in transformer.

2. What is the power cable length between the transformer and the panel?

1. Yes
  2. I wouldn’t say any more than maybe 4-5 feet. 6 feet, tops.

Well those answers wouldn’t suggest any issues. Just checking for obvious power application problems.

Does a full power down and reboot solve the acute issue?

Just in case, it may be a good idea to upgrade to the latest firmware. If the software is at fault this could help stop the issue. (I’ve not seen a confirmed issue specific to any version, though)

A full power down does fix it.

I’ll check for updated software, I was current as of July when I installed the panel.

It looks like there are a couple newer versions available for your system. Currently shows as 3.2.1. The latest is 3.2.4