GC3 Continually Reboots

Anyone else having issues with a GC3 rebooting continuously?

Do you mean it is never actually booting to the normal security home screen? Just looping through the boot sequence? Could you describe the issue you are seeing so we can best assist?

When did the issue start? Did you recently change firmware?

It never makes it to the main screen. No updates recently.

It looks like the related Surety account to this user is using a 2GIG Go!Control Panel, not a GC3. Is this question about a system that is not connected to Surety?

I was going to check the back end for any communication clues, but we wouldn’t be able to access any details if it is not a Surety account unfortunately.

Have you tried powering off for a full hour, unplug the transformer from the wall, then unplug the internal battery. Wait an hour, then plug in the battery, followed by the transformer.

this is actually at a home we are moving to. It was working and now it isn’t. No one has been in the home for 120 days. Just trying to see if it’s fixable or if I will need to replace it.

I would try the power down above as a test, but if the panel cannot get past the boot cycle you should request a warranty return through the vendor if it is under warranty. Replacement would be necessary.

I have power cycled the panel as you described above. I have also tried to do a hard reset but that didn’t change the boot sequence or what was displayed, which seems odd. Pretty sure it didn’t actually do the default reset. The lighted buttons also do not seem to react like what I see in the videos. I have taken a video of what is going on. Posted to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxSh9gyYL4

It does not appear there would be a way of resolving that error, it looks like a hardware or resource error to me and should be a warranty-related issue. I would recommend contacting the vendor soon to determine warranty policy and options.

I tried contacting 2gig and they wouldn’t even talk to me. They told me to contact my monitoring company which will be you all at the new location once we are all moved.

I tried contacting 2gig and they wouldn’t even talk to me. They told me to contact my monitoring company which will be you all at the new location once we are all moved.

The vendor would be the store through which this panel was purchased, not the manufacturer. Was it purchased online? Was it pre-installed by a house-builder? Was it installed by a local security company?

No idea. We are purchasing the home and it was there from the previous owners. After reading more on issues people are having with the gc3 I think I will just replace it with another GC2 when we get moved in.