Gc2e and ts1

I’m in the process of replacing a dead qolsys panel with a Gc2e. The Gc2e came with firmware version 1.22. I ordered a TS1 that I intend to pair with it. I am not in possession of it but I’m wondering how I’m going to pair it because the highest firmware version I see available for the TS1 is 1.19. Will I have to downgrade both to 1.16 in order to pair them?

Happy to assist.

There are a couple things to unpack here. First, the Qolsys panel communicates with sensors via the 319.5 MHz frequency. The 2GIG GC2e series uses 345Mhz. Are you replacing the sensors as well as the panel?

Secondly, the GC2e series panel is not directly compatible with 900MHz devices, including the TS1 secondary panel.

It requires the XCVR2 transceiver which would allow for the use of 900Mhz devices but in doing so, you loose the ability to pair the e-series encrypted sensors with the GC2e series panel.

Should you replace the transceiver, the most recent firmware for the TS1 is 1.16 which is compatible with all newer version of the GC2 firmware 1.16 and beyond. I will have to check specifically if it is compatible with the version 1.22 however. I will follow up with that information shortly.

I have 2gig sensors (not the E-series ones). I was using a resolution products transcoder when I had the qolsys panel.

I installed the 900mhz receiver already. If the ts1 is not compatible what can be used as a secondary panel?

Good. Yes the GC2e series will communicate with the TS1 if the transceiver is installed. With it installed, you wont be able to use e-series sensors (its either 900Mhz or e-series, not both).

Still waiting on confirmation if the TS1 is still compatible at 1.22

Great. I’m just waiting on the LTE Cell module and then I will need to switch my service to this new system.

Just got confirmation, the newest TS1 firmware is still 1.16 and that is compatible with the GC2e series panel running 1.22.

Awesome thanks for your help!