GC2 Z Wave Light Switches

I’m wanting to install some Z Wave light switches and have a few questions.

• Will the below work with the GC2?
    GE 14291
    GE 12722
    GE 12727

• can I set them to turn the lights or whatever is connected to the switch on at a certain time? I assume it would be a rule. I would only want it to turn on automatically at like 5:30am every morning. I’d manually turn it off sometime after that but want to make sure regardless of it being manually turned off and on in the day, can it be set to turn on at 5:30am certain days via alarm.com?

– Will the below work with the GC2? GE 14291 GE 12722 GE 12727

Yes, those would be compatible.

For the most part, you should not see compatibility issues with light switches, as long as they are not multifunction or multi-switch devices. Light switches are very simple with little variation.

– can I set them to turn the lights or whatever is connected to the switch on at a certain time? I assume it would be a rule. I would only want it to turn on automatically at like 5:30am every morning. I’d manually turn it off sometime after that but want to make sure regardless of it being manually turned off and on in the day, can it be set to turn on at 5:30am certain days via alarm.com?

Yes, you can create rules based on system triggers like sensor activity, arming and disarming, etc., or you can create scheduled actions based on time of day.

You can set the light to turn on every day (or select which days on a weekly schedule) at 5:30 and left on indefinitely. You can then manually throw the switch whenever you need. On and Off are separate commands, not a single toggle command, so if the light is already on at the scheduled time, nothing changes.

Thank you. When it turned on or off from schedule or from doing it on the app does the switch actually move to the on/off position? Or does it stay and just allows power through. Curious of that and also because if switch doesn’t move then if it turns on auto from schedule and the switch was in normal off position (down) then does that mean that up is now off is manual is next change?

Does the GC2 have zwave plus or zwave?

Also, do you recommend buying switches or bulbs?

The Z-wave switches you’ve listed do not have physical on/off switch positions. They are momentary switches, essentially a push button disguised as a rocker switch.

Press to turn it on, press to turn it off.

Does the GC2 have zwave plus or zwave?

The GC2 uses classic Z-wave.

Also, do you recommend buying switches or bulbs?

I would recommend in every situation where applicable to buy and install switches only.

Bulbs suffer greatly during normal use from the fact that the circuit is controlled before the bulb. If someone turns off the light via a switch, you cannot turn the bulb on by Z-wave as the bulb has no power.

I have installed the 12727. For good measure, I removed it from the network to get any test network out of the device, then learned it in at the panel. It appears on the panel, but not in my alarm.com account. For example, in my home screen of my account, I have cards for my door lock, each garage door, etc. The light switch is not in there. It shows in the devices section of the account, but is not available for a scene or a schedule. Any suggestions?

This does not appear to be tied to a current account through suretyDIY, is that correct?

After installing the Z-Wave devices, did you run a Network Rediscovery?
Are you able to control the device from the panel?

To confirm, you have control of light automation enabled in your Alarm.com account?
What is the status of the switch in Alarm.com -> Devices?

You may need to reach out to your current service provider for further assistance as some back end commands may fix the issue.

Correct. Sorry. I am a current alarm.com customer but not tied through suretyDIY. I’ll contact my provider. I did run a rediscovery, and I can successfully control the switch through the panel. The status of the switch in alarm.com>devices is listed as “OK.”