Garage tilt sensor

I just installed an re206 tilt sensor on my garage door. I set it as type 23 non-response type, loop 2, sensor reports and sensor supervised are both disabled. Do these settings sound correct if I don’t want the tilt to cause an alarm? I only want to be notified if it is left open at night. Also, is there any way to keep the panel from arming in stay mode if someone forgot and left the garage door open or do I need to rely on the alarm.com activity notifications for that?

Personally I will not use a tilt sensor as they are notorious for malfunctions and falsing (a heavy wind against the garage will cause the tilt to activate).

A suggestion is if you want to properly secure your garage door then use a heavy duty overhead garage door reed switch and say a DW10. Price for the reed switch and DW10 is nearly the same as the RE206 (and unlike the tilt, it is dependable. I have not had a single false alarm in 5 years).

But to answer your question:

I just installed an re206 tilt sensor on my garage door. I set it as type 23 non-response type, loop 2, sensor reports and sensor supervised are both disabled

If your 2GIG RE206 tilt is zone type 23, it will not affect panel arming. Any notifications will be dependent on what you create on alarm.com

Why did you disable sensor reports and supervision? You want them enabled (else status will not report to alarm.com, and it will not check to see if the sensor has low battery or if it is malfunctioning, etc)

Optimal tilt sensor programming and proper installation (if using a GC2 panel):

(you wants marks on bottom of sensor)

*(02) exit/entry 2 (1061) GARAGE01 Resolution products tilt sensor serial (0) new equip Loop (2) 2 (0) disable dialer delay Voice descriptor (1) report enabled (1) supervised enabled (01) voice only
  • Q7 exit/entry 2 is 45 seconds, this can be change to whatever you need it to be

That is good information. I have enabled reports and supervision. Thanks