Garage stay vs. away

I am trying to figure out a solution for the behavior of my garage during stay vs. away scenarios. I found this thread which was helpful, but doesn’t quite get me there:

Interesting programming challenge - Support - Surety Support Forum (suretyhome.com)

Conceptually, when I arm my system for stay I want the garage to become an extension of my interior space, but when armed away I want it excluded. This way I can arm my system stay and still move freely between the garage and the house.

Here is what I have and what I think I want:

1. Door between garage and house - when armed away, I want this to be an entry/exit door on normal delay. When armed stay, I want this excluded from triggering the alarm. So like sensor group 16, but with a normal entry/exit delay instead of instant.

2. Side door between garage and backyard - when armed away (and when not armed), I want notifications only for this door, like sensor group 25. When armed stay, I want instant alarm, like sensor group 13.

3. Garage rollup doors. I want the same behavior as #2. Also, my garage doors are currently controlled by the automation side of my system but I don’t see a way to incorporate them as sensors as well. Would this require mounting additional sensors for each door? If so, what kind of sensors would be best? Just normal DW sensors, or tilt, or something else?

Thanks!

Door between garage and house - when armed away, I want this to be an entry/exit door on normal delay. When armed stay, I want this excluded from triggering the alarm. So like sensor group 16, but with a normal entry/exit delay instead of instant.

There is a sensor group that functions this way, but it is selectable for motion detectors, not doors. It is sensor group 20 under motion detectors.

16 would be recommended, as it follows the Stay/Away function you are looking for, but not the delay.

Side door between garage and backyard - when armed away (and when not armed), I want notifications only for this door, like sensor group 25. When armed stay, I want instant alarm, like sensor group 13.

There is no sensor group where this is true. Sensors are either active during Stay and Away or just during Away depending on the group chosen. There are no only active during Stay options.

Given the complexity of the planned setup you’ll probably be better served by using partitions.

Your first door you mention could be resolved by simply setting it as a normal entry/exit sensor in a separate partition. When you arm that partition, it would act as a delay zone. You can choose to arm it when you arm the rest of the system Away.

For the backyard door and the overhead door you could have a third partition with sensors using group 13, which you only arm when you arm the main home Stay. While that partition is disarmed they could be used for ADC notifications etc.

You cannot use either the Z-wave or MyQ, etc., status of the door as an alarm sensor. You would need a compatible alarm sensor for the overhead door.

Compatible sensors are listed here. See the 319.5 and PowerG list for options. Typically this will be a Tilt sensor for an overhead like the IQ Tilt.