Garage Opening By Itself

This is the second time in 2 weeks it has happened. Logs show 2 Command: Unknown Command and then the door is open. I am unplugging the opener until i can find a solution This happened last a 14:07 Central time today

That is a concerning event, but I think I see what occurred based on history, at least in the case today.

You have a rule automating your garage doors to close when the panel is armed away. One of your keyfobs armed the panel, and the garage doors both tried to close. It looks like one of them closed successfully and the other failed to do so, reverting to open within seconds.

This is most often when something blocks the safety eye or when an issue is detected in the opener. Ensure that the safety eye is lined up correctly.

The “Unknown Command” you are referencing in history actually looks like it is related to your Z-wave lighting rule to turn off two lights when the panel is armed away.

Can you try manually opening and closing the door a handful of times? Do you notice any odd behavior?

the “Cougar Garage” door was closed when we armed the house it must have somehow got a false open condition?

I see liftmaster commands both attempting to set the door to closed.

I see a status report from your MyQ gateway that reports both doors closed, then four seconds after the closed status the “Cougar Garage” reports open. There’s only one command sent per device, both sending a closed state change request.

When was the Cougar Garage closed prior to the arming event? I’m not seeing that status, it’s last report was Open about an hour before the keyfob arming event takes place in history. This may suggest the door status is not being reported consistently.

Do you use a MyQ wifi hub? If so does the Cougar Garage have a MyQ tilt sensor on it? If it does, this status discrepancy may indicate that the battery is very low in the tilt sensor. Try replacing that battery and keep an eye on the status it reports.

that 1 garage is on a MYQ battery is about a month old it. that door doesn’t get opened often i’d say a few days ago

Was that battery a replacement or the one that came with it? In either case, I see an open event for the Cougar Garage about an hour prior to the arming. If it was not opened, I would double check the battery and orientation of the tilt sensor first. Do you have a multimeter to read the battery voltage?