Garage Door Tilt Sensor Disabled

Hello, so I have garage door controlling functions using the Chamberlain MyQ linked to the Alarm.com App, but I have noticed that they are times when closing the door through the app, it fails and gives me a Garage Door Tilt Sensor Disabled. Once I close and open the app again, it successfully works and get another notification saying the tilt sensor is enabled.

What does this mean and why does it happen?

This state can happen when the garage fails two consecutive attempts to remotely close or open. The condition is resolved by locally opening or closing the garage door and the status is successfully reported.

How long has this been occurring and how often does it happen?

I’ve been having the issue for a good while now, even when I used to have Brinks, and it happens 85% of the time when I am going to close the door

This suggests your controller is having trouble closing the door frequently. This may mean a track misalignment, something tripping the safety eye, etc.

Do you have any issues with local control of the door via the wall button?

No I don’t

A couple things to try: replace the battery on the tilt sensor, then power cycle the MyQ wifi hub.

Wait 5 minutes after booting back up then test it over a period of time. Do you see the same frequency of that disabled message?

If sending open/close from the app, try allowing 1 minute or so in between commands. Any difference?

Well I have the unit with the myq sensors built in, just need the gateway, so I don’t have the actual tilt sensor. I will try the giving it some time before sending a new command though