Garage door schedule

My Q Liftmaster and Chamberlin garage doors when used by the MyQ app have the ability to schedule auto closing of the doors if they are left open past a certain time. When integrating into alarm.com, access to the MyQ app is disabled, and alarm.com doesn’t appear to have the ability to generate a schedule or automation based on time and the garage door.

Why is this automation lacking when it exists in the MyQ app. Am I approaching this wrong, or can this be a feature request?

Thank you,

Jason

I can’t speak for Alarm.com on why it is not available, but timed automation of garage doors is not an option in ADC at this time. It’s possible whatever MyQ API is used does not support that function the way it works within the MyQ app.

We are happy to forward feature requests to Alarm.com. The more it is requested the more likely it is to come to fruition.

Hey Jason,

any word back from ADC? Having the garage doors close at night if your left them open is super useful. Again, it works from within the MyQ app to schedule closing at a certain time of day.

Feature requests don’t generally result in ongoing feedback from ADC. It is not an available option yet at this time.

It finally happened. I accidentally left my garage door open last night. With Alarm.com there’s no way to even receive a notification or to have the door automatically close if it is left open past a certain time. These notifications and automations are available through the MyQ app.

It is no longer worth it for me to have my garage doors like through Alarm.com. There’s just not any real helpful functionality.

With Alarm.com there’s no way to even receive a notification

Yes, you can set up left open notifications.

It looks like you have one set up but it is specifically for when Geo devices leave the area.

You can create a new garage left open notification and just select a time-frame for how long it must be left open before notification occurs. This new notification would notify you whether you are home or away.

Login to Alarm.com and navigate to Notifications > New Notification > select Garage Left Open as the type.

Jason! Thank you for clarifying the notification, and for your very quick response. If I don’t hear it or see the notification, the garage stays open. Having it automatically close is a very nice redundancy, and still not possible with ADC, while it’s a basic feature in the native MyQ app. It’s a huge downgrade just to have my doors appear in the ADC app. Thankfully nothing was stolen, but my garage heaters were running all night at a huge expense while its 25 degrees outside.
Can you please remove the doors from ADC so I can set them back up with MyQ?

Certainly, those have been removed.