Garage Door missing from app

I just switched to Surety from another provider. Install went well. Still trying to figure out how to test if central station works. Will let the alarm activate tomorrow and figure that out.

Right now, all my alarm sensors and z-wave devices show up in the alarm.com app…. Except for my garage doors. They showed up in the app under the previous provider. They still show up on my Qolsys IQ 2+ panel. Only missing from the app. (Liftmaster doors with the bridge device).

How do I get my doors back?

I have the opposite problem. Replaced my panel a year or so ago. Garage door is on the phone app but not on the panel. I can’t remember how I set it up before.

@JRM Have you enabled “Garage Door Automation” in your system manager?

Log into your Surety account online (not your alarm.com account) → System Manager → Optional Add-ons → Make sure that “Garage Door Automation” has a check mark beside it.

@yogastudent is is Z-wave or MyQ? If it’s MyQ, I believe that Surety has to do something on their end to re-sync it when the panel is replaced.

Thanks! It’s a MyQ.

@ BChome

thanks - I found the system manager page. Garage Door Automation is checked. However the Liftmaster add-on is not. That’s probably the issue. The doors are lift master, but the connection to the panel is through a bridge device. I guess that still means it’s a Liftmaster/MyQ connection. I didn’t realize this was an extra cost add-on (it wasn’t with my previous provider)…

I will say that the set up process has been less than ideal. I have had trouble getting to the system manager page. It involves a login to my Surety account. System manager access involves a login to my Alarm.com account. That page doesn’t like Safari since it triggers a “generated password” event. Backing out of that and entering the alarm.com password ends up over-writing my surety password in the keychain (because the alarm.com login is actually on a Surety.com web page). Next time I log into Surety, I have to do a password reset… which over-writes the alarm.com password needed for system manager access… So unless I am very careful, it’s a password reset every time I login.

Ideally, once everything is set up and working, I won’t have to deal with the Surety login or have a need for support.

The LiftMaster Chamberlain MyQ add-on ($1 /mo) would be required in order to connect a myQ device to your account. Changes to your plan are made through System Manager, including purchasing additional add-ons.

Changes to your service plan are made through the System Manager feature of your Surety account.

This process can be done at anytime.

While the Surety and Alarm.com logins may have been set up to use the same credentials, they are two separate logins. Changing the password to one will not impact the other.

Surety login is needed to make changes to your plan, billing, and to adjust Central Station passwords/contacts as needed.

The Alarm.com login is used to access and control the system through the ADC website or mobile app.

Are you referencing myQ? MyQ connects to Alarm.com directly, not the panel. Alarm.com forwards that information to the panel which allows you to control the garage from the panel. Should you swap panels this link is broken and myQ typically needs to be deleted then re-added in order to show up at the new panel.

" Changes to your service plan are made through the System Manager feature of your Surety account."

“While the Surety and Alarm.com logins may have been set up to use the same credentials, they are two separate logins. Changing the password to one will not impact the other.”

I have it figured out now. I didn’t realize the garage door functionality did not include my garage door. The problems reaching “system manger” complicated things.

In order to access the system manager section on the SURETY website, I am asked to enter my ALARM.COM usernames and password. This is in addition a previously entered surety account name/password. So to access account settings BOTH the Surety AND Alarm.com logins are required.

When asked to enter the additional ADC login information, my browser (Safari) thinks Surety is asking for a new password. It fills in the password field with a new suggested password. The ability to use “keychain” and lookup the correct ADC password is not there.

If not careful, this new suggested password will overwrite the correct Surety password in keychain. The result is that system manager is not reached (wrong ADC password entered) and the Surety password is overwritten in the password manager (keychain).

This has caused me to reset passwords a few times. Oddly, my ability to access alarm.com via website or app was not affected.

Again, it’s all worked out now. The process was just a bit more convoluted than expected.