Garage door going off line

Good morning, My double garage door is going off line for a second morning. when you open from the wall switch it goes right back on line. Wifi signal is great. I can see them on my unifi network even when it appears to be off line. It seems like is hand shake issue between liftmaster and adc.

Looks like this issue is resolved and in the last few months has only occurred in the last day or so. Have you experienced this issue previously?

What model of router is the device connected to?

Tyler, Never happen on our double door. Last year happen on our single door and went away after a week. It clear it self when door is activated manually from wall switch.

I run unifi enterprise network in my residence. Garage has its own access point that connects through few gigabit switches to firewall. I have multiple devices in my garage connected to this network and this specific access point. Non of the other devices connected to this access point goes off line.

A LiftMaster device may go into malfunction if the Smart Garage Hub/Internet Gateway goes offline or if the garage door opener fails to update the status in ADC.

If hub/gateway and garage door are offline/malfunction:

• Make sure the hub has an active network connection.
  • Make Sure it has power
  • Actuate the door via the wall button. Ensure status updates in ADC.

I am having this same issue. I have 3 garage doors. The middle door keeps going offline.

It has a good WiFi signal. There is an access point in the garage, and it shows an excellent signal on my Ubiquity network interface even when it is “offline”.

All 3 garage doors are the same model. The other 2 garage doors are not having this problem. It’s been working fine for over a year, but now I seem to be getting this several times a week.

Do you have three wifi enabled overhead units with MyQ support built in? Or are these three connected to a MyQ universal hub?

No. The only time I used MyQ anything with these 3 units was during the initial setup over 18 months ago. I think at that time I used the MyQ app to set them up and get them on my Wi-Fi, but then transferred them over to my alarm.com which removed them from the MyQ app.

I don’t have anything MyQ at the house. Just a Ubiquity-based network and my alarm.com stuff.

All 3 doors have worked fine for the last 18 months or so (maybe an occasional drop here or there, but nothing notable and always resolved itself). Just in the last week or two the middle door has been dropping off a lot. It almost always resolves itself by opening and closing the door from the wall control. Sometimes it takes opening and closing multiple times over the course of a day to get it to resolve.

Edit - sorry, I think I misread what you were asking. I have 3 separate side-mounted openers, all the same model. They all have MyQ support built-in. They are all LiftMaster 8500W.

Edit - sorry, I think I misread what you were asking. I have 3 separate side-mounted openers, all the same model. They all have MyQ support built-in. They are all LiftMaster 8500W.

Yes, this is what I was asking.

It almost always resolves itself by opening and closing the door from the wall control. Sometimes it takes opening and closing multiple times over the course of a day to get it to resolve.

This is pretty typical of an intermittent connection issue. Usually the first thing I would look at is the network, but if you have two other openers which are not experiencing the issue and are connected to the same access point, that’s less likely outside issues.

If this is frequent I would recommend factory resetting that middle opener and trying to set it up fresh.