Garage door false left open alerts

Hi, I have the Simon xt panel and a tilt sensor on each of two garage doors. Twice this week my phone has alerted me in the middle of the night that one garage door was left open. And then later closed (sensor left open restoral). It was not windy at all last night and the other one didn’t alert. I have the alerts set to override do not disturb so I’m jolted awake by my phone buzzing. This tilt sensor has given false alerts before, should it be replaced?

I also use the MyQ integration, so I can see that the door is actually closed in the app. I don’t use them for security to set off the alarm, they are set up to alert me if I forgotten to close the garage door or if I leave the house without closing the garage door.

I know the tilt sensors are not perfect, I’m wondering if I should get rid of the entirely and separate MyQ out again to just use their alerts, although I don’t believe they’re location based.

Other than replacing the battery and verifying that it is installed per manufacturer recommendations, replacement would be recommended if you have had this same issue multiple times before. Left open alerts suggest the tilt sensor’s mechanism is having trouble closing.

One caveat is that garage overhead doors are particularly susceptible to having variations which can affect the tilt sensor, bent panels, slightly out-of level surface, loose panels, etc.

A single mild gust of wind is sometimes enough to rock a loose door, which may trigger a tilt, depending on the model.

I’m going to try replacing it. Thank you. Am I missing it on the store?

Also separately, would the smoke and heat alarm be good for an attached garage?

We do not stock GE 319 tilt sensors at this time. A compatible sensor can be purchased from any vendor. Interlogix closed up shop a while back and does not manufacture new parts, so it may be difficult to find the same model when replacing sensors. The Alula RE106 might be a good option.

Regarding the smoke and heat detector, generally smoke detectors aren’t recommended for a garage due to frequent false alarm risks. A heat only detector would be recommended, like the HDX-135 or HDX-200.

Thank you. Would this work alula Resolution Tilt Sensor alula Tilt Sensor RE106M RE206M RE606M, GE, ELK, Qolsys, 2gig, Honeywell, Connect+, Compatible (RE106M, RE206M, RE606M)
It’s the RE106M which apparently replaces the 106.

Unfortunately it looks like the heat detectors are discontinued but thank you anyway.

The RE106M – Qolsys/GE/Interlogix Compatible Tilt Sensor is the newest iteration of the 319.5MHz tilt from Alula.