Garage door controllers

Online and offline are supervision statuses in Alarm.com history, so if you see offline show up, what that means as an alert is that a command or status request could not be confirmed or was not received by the panel when it was expected. Typically this is a communication concern.

I agree it is a little suspect if you see no other ill-effects, but there are few other troubleshooting steps to take.

It looks like this is not related to a suretyDIY subscription, correct? Unfortunately we would not be able to help with remote or back-end diagnostics in that case, but we are always happy to help with troubleshooting.

One other thing that may impact things here if these are definitely GD00Z-4 and not 5, how long have the devices been used? Were they used with a previous hub? Are the sensors possibly low on battery?

I have a Linear GD00Z-4 that is currently paired to a SmartThings hub as the primary z-wave controller. It’s been working for a couple months prior to my new panel arriving. I was able to successfully add my Qolsys IQ Panel 2 as a secondary controller. I only have two z-wave devices on the network the Linear and a GE outdoor switch acting as repeater to reach the garage door. Both are showing as devices on the IQ panel z-wave device list. I can control the light switch from the panel but can’t control the Linear and the garage door. Any thoughts on what to try?

I can control the light switch from the panel but can’t control the Linear and the garage door. Any thoughts on what to try?

I am not actually seeing a Garage Door listed in the Alarm.com devices list. It does not show up after an updated equipment request.

What this would mean is either the Linear opener did not complete secure enrollment with the panel, or there is an incompatibility. When throwing a second controller into the mix it adds a few questions.

Did you try learning the Linear GD00Z directly with the IQ Panel 2?

I haven’t tried learning the Linear GD000Z directly with the IQ Panel 2 yet. You do see the GE switch on Alarm.com though correct?

For now I’m indifferent as to whether the Qolsys is the primary or secondary controller. So I’ll try with the Qolsys as a primary and enrolling both the GE switch and the Linear directly. Ideally I’d like to have it as a secondary if possible though. I realize this is probably outside the scope of this forum/topic but I believe the incompatibility is stemming from the device handler I’m using on smart things for the Linear. Whatever is happening between Smarthings, the Linear and the Qolsys isn’t conforming to the UL spec is my guess.

Are there instructions for how to add the Linear with alarm.com. It looks like they haven’t updated the instructions and it’s only showing MyQ instructions.

Are there instructions for how to add the Linear with alarm.com. It looks like they haven’t updated the instructions and it’s only showing MyQ instructions.

You do not learn in the Linear GD00Z-4 through Alarm.com. As a Z-wave device it is learned in like any other Z-wave device at the panel itself. Alarm.com then receives the updated equipment list from the panel.

For garage automation, only MyQ devices are added through the webiste.

You do see the GE switch on Alarm.com though correct?

Yes, the switch is visible.

Just for everyone else’s benefit. I had to make the Qolsys panel the primary z-wave controller and then enroll the Linear and my switch with it. I now have panel and alarm.com control of the garage door.

Thanks Jason and Warren for helping sort it out.

I’m now going to see if I’m able to use my Smart Things hub as a secondary and retain the functionality I had previously. I was using the SmartThings hub with Nate Swartz Lutron Connect custom app to allow me to use Lutron Picos to control zwave devices with the help of a Raspberry Pi. Definitely not a standard setup but a very cool extension of the SmartThings and Lutron Casetta.