Garage door automation and automatic shade schedule

Good afternoon,

I have Somfy shades throughout my house. I have a ZRTSI Z-Wave to RTS device which controls them. Somfy refers to that device as a node. My two sets of shades in the house are also their separate nodes. All three nodes paired into my QOLSYS panel. Everything has functioned correctly for several years. I had schedules set up for them to open and close. I used to be able to have them close at sunset (convenient so they close at different times according to when it gets dark). Recently, my Somfy ZRTSI device broke and I got a replacement. Removed old ZRTSI device and shades from the panel and and re added them. All function correctly. In the panel, the ZRTSI is labeled as “other device” and two group of shades are “light.” I can no longer have my shades close at sunset. It only allows a specific time during the day. Any suggestion?

I also have a Liftmaster My Q garage door opener which functions correctly. I would like to have an automation where when the system detects my phone location (GPS) near my home (geo fence) it triggers the garage to open and when I leave the fence, it close my garage. I see how to turn on my phone and create a geo fence but I cannot figure out a way to configure such a rule. Is this possible?

Thanks alot!

Somfy used to show up as lights in Alarm.com which allowed the ability to schedule based on sunset. This was changed and now they show up as shades. While they are still compatible, shades cannot be scheduled based on sunset. It is not possible to change the device type from shades to lights either.

Garage automation using geofencing as a trigger is not an available feature through ADC. Garage automation features include:

• Check Status of Garage
  • Remotely open and close garage doors
  • Automatically have garage doors close when the system is armed
  • Receive alerts and actionable notifications if garage doors are left open

Gotcha. Thanks a lot for the explanations.