Garage Disabled and then Enabled every time I open the garage

Every time I open the garage, I get a notification error of “Garage Door Tilt Sensor Disabled” immediately followed by a notification of “Garage Door Enabled”. This wasn’t always the case but started at some point quite a while ago.

The error says “Alarm.com controls were disabled for the Garage Door after two failed open or close attempts. To restore functionality, open or close the garage door locally using the keypad, wall control or clicker.” But I am opening it without fail on the initial try.

How do I identify what is causing this error?

What is the model number of the MyQ device labeled Garage Door?

Is that actually a MyQ hub using a tilt sensor for status? If so, replace the battery on the MyQ tilt sensor first, then power cycle the hub. Any change in behavior?

I have a LiftMaster 8500W with built in MyQ, but I also have an Alula RE106 tilt sensor as well. I tested the battery on the CR123A (3V) inside, and it was at 3.04V. I replaced with a new battery just in case, so I guess we can start there and see. I will report back in couple days.

The Alula RE106 would not have any impact in this case. I am referring to a MyQ tilt sensor only used to inform the universal MyQ hub if the door is open.

If you have an overhead with built in wifi instead, then I would first power cycle the router, then power cycle the overhead controller, and see if you continue getting that same disabled message.