Frontpoint Panel with ADT sensors?

Hello all, I’m considering service with you guys and I wanted to know the following information before I make a decision.

I recently purchased a new home with an ADT alarm system that is working well with a panel installed. However, I really liked my last frontpoint panel which announced things like “Front door opened”.

The sensors the ADT uses are the EV-DW4927SS type. The panel is IQPanel-VRZ according to the label. Doing some digging I’m trying to figure out if the panel is natively does the DSC sensors or if I need a translator? Then I can get service!

The sensors the ADT uses are the EV-DW4927SS type. The panel is IQPanel-VRZ according to the label. Doing some digging I’m trying to figure out if the panel is natively does the DSC sensors or if I need a translator? Then I can get service!

There is a DSC Touch version of the Qolsys panel which had a DSC radio, but the standard Qolsys IQ Panel uses a GE sensor radio and you would need a translator like the RE524X to use wireless DSC sensors with it.

OK, cool I will pick one up. Do you know how to get into the ‘config’ menu of the panel? Do I have to flash the firmware or something? Looking at youtube videos I see there is a lot more control panel options than I see. I’m thinking it’s the frontpoint custom flash…

Are you looking to add a new sensors to the Qolsys IQ Panel? Access to the Qolsys IQ Panel installation configuration would require the current installer code. The factory installer code is typically “1111” but this has likely changed. If you are looking to install a new device, start at the home screen and click Settings -> Enter Installer Code -> Installation -> Security Sensors -> then Auto Learn Sensor.

I could not confirm if the provider you mentioned uses custom firmware or not. You can check the current firmware version of your panel Settings -> Master Code -> About and scroll to the Software Version. Which version is it?

Firmware is updated via the Installation page as well (Upgrade Software), should you not have access to the installer code, you would be unable to access the Installation page to add sensors or update firmware.

However, commands are sent to your panel to open programming back up and default your installer code, giving you full access to your panel, including the Installer tools, should service be obtained through suretyDIY.

If you are looking to switch to suretyDIY with a Qolsys IQ panel, this page here covers the details.

Service does require an unregistered, Alarm.com compatible cellular module. This Module Check Tool can be used to determine the current status of your cellular module.