"front lock" out of synchronization - Yale ProSL (z wave)

Front door lock is a Yale ProSL (z wave), model YRD156-ZW2-619.

Everything appears to be working fine with the lock, no complaints, and I have not made any changes to our system for at least a year. Last night I went into the mobile alarm.com just to view the user codes (I wanted to remind my neighbor what her code was before we headed out of town), and I happened to notice that next to my main lock code, was a red exclamation with the warning “front lock is out of synchronization”. When I click on resync, it stays stuck in “synchronizing devices”.

Again, I don’t seem to be experiencing any issues with the system per se, but wanted to be sure this didn’t lead to something else. Hopefully just a bug and I can disregard it?

Thanks.

Did you happen to set the lock’s Master Pin to the same code as your primary alarm panel code? The Master Pin on the lock is a programming code and not the same as the user code in Alarm.com, so if that were true ADC would be sending a duplicate code that the lock would refuse for that first user code slot on the lock.

Yes, I did that intentionally, so that I only have one code to remember.
Again, it seems to be working just fine.
What is the impact of this error?

The primary user code in ADC will never be able to sync if the Master Pin of the lock is the same code, the lock will not have a user slot associated with your primary user.

Functionally you have added the same code in manually, so you can still use the lock normally, but you will see this error in Alarm.com and it will be unresolveable. It likely won’t be able to identify when your code is used to unlock the door for notification purposes, instead just seeing an unlock event without a corresponding user. any automation based on user code unlock would not work for the primary user.

I would recommend setting a different Master Pin. Maybe use the installer code of your panel, so it limits the number of codes to remember.

ok, makes, sense, did that and appears all is working now. thanks

one last question, how long do you expect the newly created user profile to show “synchronizing devices”?

how long do you expect the newly created user profile to show “synchronizing devices”?

I’m not sure the new profile you are referencing. If this is in reference to the Master Pin in the lock, there will be no Alarm.com user associated with that. You can’t use that same code for any user in Alarm.com and send it to the lock. It will not sync.

If that is not what you mean, are you creating a brand new user in Alarm.com? Is this a new unique code for both the panel and lock?

My apologies, I read your initial response too quick. I realize now that you were not talking about changing the master user code in alarm.com, but telling me to actually go the the lock and hit the settings button on the lock display to change the LOCK MASTER PIN (using the instructions provided with the lock), and that this lock master pin needs to be a 4 digit code that is not used in any of my alarm.com user profiles (master user code or any of the regular user codes).

I just did that and think I’m all set now. Thanks again for all the quick responses.

Yes, that’s correct, the Master Pin in Yale locks is separate from Alarm.com and changing it to a unique code will let all the ADC codes sync.

Happy to help. Let us know if you have any other questions!