Front Door Lock out of synchronization

I have been getting this warning under user and only under my user name “Front door lock out of synchronization” Screenshots attached. I have three locks and only one of them always showing that. I can click on retry and it will do it and then be ok for few days and it will come back again. When I click “retry” it will just keep saying “Synchronizing” How can I fix that?

It has been “synchronizing devices” last picture since I post this last night. Still doing it this morning.

Did you add any user codes manually at that one lock? What you are seeing suggests a code or code-slot mismatch.

I can send a command to try to sync up everything with the Alarm.com user codes you have set currently. Are you still seeing this issue and would you like me to try to force that sync?

@jwcsurety no codes at the lock as it dose not have keypad. it went all night trying to synchronized and this morning went back to front door lock not synchronize.

Try to send that command, how long this process should take.

I just sent that command for you. The full sync can take up to 30 minutes, though it’ll depend on how many codes you have.

Can you confirm if that removes that error?

@jwcsurety I wait for 30 min currently it has red ! still next to main login. should it be saying synchronizing ?

The command goes through one by one and resaves codes at the system based on what is in your ADC account. It looks like it is syncing now.

What model is that particular lock again? It looks like that may have been added using the Add Device portal on the app/website, is that correct?

I noticed something odd about those codes. Your user codes in Alarm.com do not show lock access as a potential option. Typically you would see, similar to the Panel option under the user, one saying Locks, which allows you to select which locks are available to which user code.

Have you ever seen that option?

I’m beginning to suspect this is a further symptom of the Qolsys Z-wave firmware issues and problem with S2 devices.

@jwcsurety No I never seen that option but, I never even look at that. but this error only happens on only my log in. non others of my other log ins get that error. and only front door lock other two dose not have that problem.

@jwcsurety it has been over 30 min still stock on “Synchronizing” how it looks on you side?

Aha, ok so it must be that you only have Kwikset Convert model locks is that correct?

That would mean that no codes would ever get sent to the lock and would be why your user codes don’t allow sending the code to locks.

That said, the synchronization error then must be a bug. There would be no user code slots to sync and no reason that would be listed under your user code in Alarm.com that I can find. Let me talk to ADC to see if there is another reason why that might show up for a Convert.

@jwcsurety other two locks I have are the same and none of them shows that error. Actually it never show that before I switch to you guys. Let me know what ADC will tell you. Should I try to remove that lock and add back on to see what happen later when I get home?

That would likely take care of the issue (removing and re-adding) but that’s obviously not ideal if this is a bug. That will likely be the first suggestion from ADC I would guess, so I would go ahead and give it a try.

I just want to be 100% sure this isn’t indicative of something non-code related for the Convert. I’ll let you know here when I get the call-back and confirm.

So yes, that error message is definitely a message related to code access sync, so it is not applicable to the Convert.

One thing that is not clear since it doesn’t actually show up as a trouble condition on the account overall: when did you first see this issue? Was it just after adding the lock? Looks like that lock has a latest install date of 7/2/2020.

It is likely that this kind of error would result from something during the pairing process. The recommendation is indeed to remove, reset and re-include. Be sure to leave the lock alone for a full 3 minutes after successful inclusion to allow all secure setup to complete.

That sound about right. I will remove and add it back on when i get home

@jwcsurety Jason I removed lock from the panel, clear again after removal. waited 15min and then add it back to the panel. So far no problem no red “!” and no “synchronizing” message.

I think I actually figure out what went wrong. That was first lock I added to the panel. I actually used settings and add device function in the app. I selected other devices and added lock. other two I did add directly from the panel. I wonder if there is bug in using add function from the app?

Thank you for all your help

I noticed that one lock had been learned in through the Add Device wizard. There isn’t anything substantially different in the process. ADC is just putting the panel in Z-wave inclusion mode. It’s possible though, we’ll report to ADC and keep an eye out for that behavior.

@jwcsurety only difference i got was getting S2 message going directly through panel did not get one going through the wizard.