Formal configuration of Somfy Shade Motors

Does anyone have any idea how to best get feedback to ADC on pushing them to support additional ZWAVE devices so that they are just another “light” to control? The Somfy shade motors are nice and easy to integrate. It would be nice if they were recognized as shades and not just lights

1 Like

We forward Surety user requests to Alarm.com for feature enhancements. I can tell you that we have requested this specific thing in the past.

Functionally they should work as expected and show up as dimmers. It would just be a matter of accurate descriptions in Alarm.com.

I don’t see a related Surety subscription. If you use a different provider, your provider can create a ticket in Alarm.com and assign your account to it as an example.

I would love to have this feature as well! Everything works perfect, it would just help organize things much better.

My guess would be it’s a licensing thing where Lutron has the exclusive for shades?
I can’t see it being that hard to add option to identify item as a shade.

Not sure about the exclusivity. Alarm.com does in fact get the manufacturer and other device data submitted by the panel, at least the IQ Panel 2+ and 2GIG.

It may be that Alarm.com manufactured modules do not support it properly. I don’t recall ever seeing it tested on Simon or Concord systems, but I could be wrong.

In any case I don’t think you are wrong about the difficulty. It would presumably be a straightforward UI change.

With my Concord 4 they come in as lights. The remotes come in as expected as another controller. All functions really well. % of open, home is the default stop point etc. Just identified and grouped as lights

Hi Jason,

Appreciate the reply. I’m not a subscriber now, but may switch over when my contract expires:-)

Best,
Scott

With my Concord 4 they come in as lights. The remotes come in as expected as another controller. All functions really well. % of open, home is the default stop point etc. Just identified and grouped as lights

Thanks for confirming. Yes that’s how they will show up for any panel type. I would assume ADC could update the UI to support and label Somfy appropriately.