Flood sensor notifications

I set up a flood sensor following Resolution’s instructions as a [08] 24 Hour Auxiliary alarm. For some reason, the sensor is not showing up in ADC so I cannot set up notifications based on it. Ideally, I’d have no sound on the panel and just rely on an ADC notification to alert me. Perhaps, [23] No Response Type is a better choice? Will that allow it to show up in ADC or is that an unrelated issue?

Any sensor type that is always in Alarm or not regardless of your arming status (Smoke, CO, Aux) will not use sensor activity monitoring. You would set up an Alarm notification for it.

Sensor type [23] No Response would allow for sensor activity monitoring and silent local operation, yes, but would never result in the Central Station contacting you if you have 24/7 monitoring.

Makes sense, and the sensor is at least showing up in my ADC sensor list now. It had not for the last week - interesting coincidence.

So In it’s current setup as an [08] 24 hour auxiliary, should Central Monitoring have called me when I tested the flood sensor and set off the alarm? I don’t recall if the system was armed or not at the time, but it shouldn’t matter for a 24 hr alarm, right.

(08) 24-hour Auxiliary Alarm

This sensor type is continuously armed 24-hours a day. A sensor programmed to this type will trigger an alarm regardless of the mode the system is in. The bell output will not activate, but the local sounder will continue until it’s acknowledged at the Control Panel. Typical use would be for a monitoring device such as a flood or temperature sensor. There is no time out for the internal sounder, it will continue until a User Code is entered.

I have actually read the manual (and thought I understood the differences between sensor types). Initially it was not showing up in ADC, so that was part of my issue. However, based on

"Sensor type [23] No Response would allow for sensor activity monitoring and silent local operation, yes, but would never result in the Central Station contacting you if you have 24/7 monitoring. "

I read that to mean that in direct contrast to my current selection, [08] 24 hour aux, an alarm should result in the Central Station calling me.

I suppose it’s time to re-read the manual.

When did you test the flood sensor? I do not see an activation in your history. Were you running a “System Test” at the time? The CS will dial contacts for Environmental Flood alarm signals.

Not in test mode. It was probably installed and tested on the 22nd or 23rd when the order arrived. It set the alarm off in the house and required the code at the panel to acknowledge the issue.

The sensor did not show up in my ADC sensor list until yesterday, though, after I mentioned it in my original post. Did you all happen to push an update command? I suppose if a sensor has not registered on ADC, yet, it will not trigger a call from CM.

It would be a good idea to test again to verify the panel is signalling out. (All other signals on the account look fine though). Strange indeed. A new sensor signal showing up in ADC should register simply as an unknown contact alarm (if I recall correctly). There may have been changes.

Make sure to test the sensor soon, you can contact the central station directly and place the account on test mode, then call back to check signals. They will receive Environmental signals.