First time homeowner choosing products

I’m a new home owner and need help deciding what products to get (there are a ton of options on your website). I’m specifically looking for help deciding what door sensors to get. Additionally, the doorbell camera is out of stock on your website. Will it be restocked soon?

So that we can best assist, do you already have an Alarm.com compatible alarm panel or are you buying a new system from scratch?

If a new system, we sell the IQ Panel 4. You can filter the store to only show devices compatible with that panel. Here is a link to the filtered store.

Sensor options would be IQ 319.5 sensors and PowerG sensors. Both are encrypted, PowerG has much wider range if you are covering a very large area.

The IQ Mini is our most commonly sold door sensor.

I do not have an ETA on the VDB770 at this time, however the VDB780B is available.

Hi Jason,

I am buying a system for the first time. A couple more questions:

1. I cannot install the system by myself. Are you able to send me a list of verified professional installers in my area that can install the equipment?
  2. Does surety provide warranty for the equipment?

Surety is a DIY alarm provider and we do not currently work with any installers to provide installation services.

I cannot recommend or provide details on any specific local installers. Some may require you to purchase their monitoring if they install equipment, some may offer installation only. If physical installation is the concern, the Qolsys systems are very easy and a local handyman service would likely work just fine. You would need to be sure the installer follows the in-box instructions on sensor placement.

Yes, warranty policy is found here.

Thank you. Last question - Do I need WiFi to install the equipment or can I install without WiFi and setup after? My home is in a new community and the network provider says it will take another week or so until the WiFi starts working.

Wifi is not required for the initial setup. The panel uses a cellular primary communicator, wifi is used as a concurrent backup method which you can enable later.