Firefighter listener

I currently have a Qolsys and DSC PowerG smoke I my home (Along with the interconnected wired smokes built with the house).
So far I have not had any false alarms with either wireless smoke, but reports here on the forum don’t instill much confidence.
I think I’d prefer to replace both wireless smokes with the 319mhz Firefighter you sell on your storefront. Any downsides to this?
Does the firefighter operate in the same manner as the smoke? Ie currently if a wireless smoke is triggered, I am called by the monitoring company prior to fire company dispatch and I would like that to continue.
If installed properly, does the firefighter device work well? Of course I would test to be sure.
It seems the listener is just a less complicated device and possibly less likely to fail.

Does the firefighter operate in the same manner as the smoke? Ie currently if a wireless smoke is triggered, I am called by the monitoring company prior to fire company dispatch and I would like that to continue

The FireFighter is an audio detector so it works a bit differently in how it sends an alarm signal to the panel. Its listening for the temporal cadence given off by the smoke detector, and doesn’t actually detect smoke or heat itself. It is a great option for interconnected smokes, especially since you only need one.

Unlike PowerG, it is not encrypted and does not have the range that a PowerG smoke detector would have.

Fire alarm signals will still be sent to central station during an alarm event. using the fire fighter would not change this.

Great thanks. My hope would be for increased longevity due to fewer avenues of failure (actual smoke detectors get dirty, etc). Lack of encryption on this type of device is not bothersome to me either.

This is an interlogix device and appears to be discontinued? Do you actually have them in stock in your store? Is there an updated device from another manufacturer at the 319 frequency? I don’t see one made by Qolsys.

There is still stock available but you are correct they are no longer manufactured. No one has picked up manufacturing a replacement yet as far as I know.

Can instructions be set to attempt contact first, at least via the panel, so if we’re home and it’s a false alarm, we can avoid an unnecessary dispatch of firemen?

By default, if you have professional monitoring, monitoring operators will attempt contact via 2-way voice through the panel if you have that enabled, and then via a landline premise phone number before dispatch.

You can view the call order within the Surety System Manager here.