Fire department called

Tonight my toaster set off the smoke alarm. I disabled the panel within 5 seconds. Several minutes later Surety called to let me know that the fire department was dispatched. She said she is required to notify them regardless of if I disable the panel or not. This is a first and has never happened with my 3 previous alarm companies. Our town has a small volunteer department and having them called out for false alarms is not going to work for me. I don’t want to cancel my monitoring but I will have to if there is no way to stop this from happening. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks

Hi there only thing I can think of with them dispatching automatically is that ur local area requires them to do so I total understand the automatic dispatch being a paid specially when u r cooking I would send a private message to support asking them to call at least 1 number before dispatch

Do you have a location phone or two way voice enabled? By default only those two are tried prior to dispatch. If you don’t have a location phone or two way voice they will dispatch the fire department immediately. You can have someone from the support team put in a special request to have cell contacts called before dispatch.

Here is a link to the default monitoring procedures

Looks like this is pretty thoroughly answered here, but just confirming that there are a few options. By default the Location premise number and two way voice will be tried before dispatch. You can send us a private message to request adding a cell contact before fire dispatch if needed.