Fire/CO Detector Combos

What Fire/CO combo detectors are available that will work with ADC and the GC3? Any opinions on the best ones?

Is Nest Protect compatible with ADC and the 2gig GC3 panel?

Smoke detectors and CO detectors for the GC3 would be the same as GC2, and must be 345 mhz devices. Nest Protect is not compatible at this time.

The SMKT3 and CO3 are the commonly used models. The ECFF345 can be used with hardwired interconnected smoke detectors to monitor all of them with one device.

I’m not aware of a compatible combo detector.

I currently have several old smoke detectors that are connected to the “old” system which was converted via a takeover module to interface with the 2gig GC3. I presume that these existing smokes are being properly monitored through my SuretyCam central monitoring. Am I right or do I need to insert an ECFF345 to make that happen?

I presume that these existing smokes are being properly monitored through my SuretyCam central monitoring. Am I right or do I need to insert an ECFF345 to make that happen?

No, the TAKE-345 cannot monitor normally open circuits and is not for use with life safety devices like smoke detectors.

OK. Very disturbing, but good to know. Can I remedy this situation with the Encore FireFighter (EC-FF345) or do I need to install all new smokes? If I can go with the FF345, can I also add additional smokes and CO detectors so that an alarm with go through the GC3 and central monitoring so the fire dept. is alerted in case of an alarm?

Can I remedy this situation with the Encore FireFighter (EC-FF345) or do I need to install all new smokes? If I can go with the FF345, can I also add additional smokes and CO detectors so that an alarm with go through the GC3 and central monitoring so the fire dept. is alerted in case of an alarm?

The ECFF345 is an audio device which listens for the smoke alarm cadence from its neighboring detector. It is designed for interconnected AC smoke circuits where when a single detector is tripped all detectors sound an alarm.

If your smoke detectors do not function in this way, the ECFF345 will only be able to monitor one of them (the one it is mounted next to).

Additional 2GIG Wireless Smoke detectors and CO detectors can be added, with no limit other than the number of panel zones.

Thanks, Jason. Now I just have to figure out how the existing wired smokes work. The system was inherited from the prior owners.

You guys are great, but I miss being about to call.