Few Random Questions / Suggestions for/from a New User

Recently got a system with an IQPanel 2+ and really liking it so far, but had a few questions / comments I was hoping to get some possible answers for.

1. Is there any way to permanently disable the Exit / Alarm Countdown sound? Or maybe just during certain times of day?
  2. In the same vein, Is there any way to permanently disable the unlock countdown timer sound, or just during certain times of the day.

One other general suggestion. Even though I’m a bit a tech nerd, it took me a long time to figure out what I was doing and how to get things setup. I basically just got a bunch of hardware in a box with very nothing telling me how to get started. At a minimum, a flyer or sheet in the box saying, “Go to this website for some tutorials/setups.” would have been helpful. Also wouldn’t have hurt to direct new users to the video tutorials on the panel during the initial setup. I stumbled across them accidentally.

Thank you for the feedback! We are actually in the process of updating the setup process instructions. I’ve sent your feedback here to our team to review.

Were you able to use the setup wizard on the panel at all for sensor programming? It should cover adding your sensors in the initial wizard that starts on the panel itself.

Is there any way to permanently disable the Exit / Alarm Countdown sound? Or maybe just during certain times of day?

You cannot permanently disable it, but each arming you can disable Exit Sounds from the panel by tapping the arrow on the arm screen and turning off Exit Sounds.

If arming Stay, you can set the panel to immediately enter Stay arming without a countdown. Find this option under Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Security and Arming.

In the same vein, Is there any way to permanently disable the unlock countdown timer sound, or just during certain times of the day.

No, the Entry Delay countdown cannot be silenced. You can use the app to send remote disarm commands which will immediately disarm the system without a countdown, but you would need to allow for latency.

Thanks for the quick response. In answer to your questions.

1. Yes, I was able to use the setup wizard to program the sensors, but I was just poking around and trying things at first since I wasn’t sure where to start. I didn’t mind, I like messing around with tech, but for someone that isn’t particularly tech minded, it might be a bit much for them.

2. Thanks for the info on the countdowns. Just for background, we have the main panel in the bedroom, and as I get up early AM to let the dog out, just trying to figure out ways that there aren’t loud beeps and door open announcements to wake the wife up. :slight_smile: I’ve tried turning the volume down, but still pretty loud.

You raise a good point. We actually did a trial sheet that said go to this URL to get started. And we try to direct people there after they place their order and in the confirmation email. We’re trying to find the best ways is to get people up and running but we know it needs work and we appreciate the feedback!