Feedback on System Design

Hi Surety Team - As I’ve mentioned, I’m getting ready to order a whole new Surety / ADC system and it’s my first time. I would love any general thoughts or feedback or ideas on what I’m specifying:

• IQP4001 - Inside, near front door
  • IQR-PG - Inside, near back door
  • (Qty: 3) ADC-VC827P - Exterior, backyard
  • (Qty: 3) ADC-VC838PF - Exterior, various outward angles
  • (Qty: 2) ADC-VDB770 - Front and back doors
  • (Qty: 5) IQ Mini - All doors, including two sliders
  • (Qty: 3) - PG9914 - Cover ground floor interior
  • (Qty: 1) - 2GIG PIR Motion Detector - Garage interior
  • Cisco 2960S PoE+ - (I’ll buy separately) to connect and power cameras

I assume for this I’d need Surety Complete + extra video support? Do I need anything else?

All feedback welcome!

Some preliminary thoughts:

Did you intend on wanting 24/7 video recording? You’ll either need the CSVR, or an endurance micro SD card for each camera. Without one of those, you’ll only get analytics/rule activated clips and live view. The cost for the SD cards will probably be a bit lower (probably around $30 per camera for a 256gb endurance card), but the CSVR would add the opportunity to directly connect a monitor for local viewing/playback instead of having to stream through the cloud. Also, SD card recording is not available on the doorbells – someone else will have to comment if they are compatible or not with the CSVR.

I personally think the IQ remote is overkill unless you have people who won’t have access to the app. I instead located my panel centrally and mostly do everything from my phone these days. So, you might consider holding off on that to judge if you actually need it. You could consider spending that money instead on z-wave deadbolts which would be able to disarm your system directly from the door keypad upon entry if you so choose.

Did you mean to exclude fire detection? If you already have interlinked smoke alarms, you can just buy the firefighter device which listens for the standard alarm tone and adds monitoring very inexpensively.

Part of the purpose of door and window sensors is to help ensure that you have all barriers closed upon arming. To that end, I’d consider adding a tilt sensor to your garage door and sensors to your windows.

And, I’d consider the 750 over the 770 doorbell. It’s simpler to install and actually has a wider FOV. Don’t mistake the lower numbering for an inferior product!

(Qty: 1) - 2GIG PIR Motion Detector - Garage interior

2GIG sensors are 345Mhz sensors. They are not compatible with the IQP4001, which has a 319.5Mhz radio.

Any sensor mounted in a garage, especially a motion detector, should be an outdoor rated sensor. Indoor motions generally won’t function as expected in a typical garage and will be prone to false alarms and damage. The PG9994 would be an option.

I assume for this I’d need Surety Complete + extra video support?

Yes. The base Complete plan would be initially activated, you can then add an extra level of video support through the system manager after activation.

Thank you both, @jwcsurety and @BChome, this is super helpful! I am making these updates.

One important follow up on the smoke/co detectors. I would like to get the Google Nest smoke/co detectors, are they compatible with the Surety/ADC setup? If I get that firefighter device you mentioned, @BChome, will that pick up the nest signal?

Yes, I also have Nest Protects and the firefighter works just fine with them. Just make sure to follow the installation instructions (the firefighter needs to be placed within several inches of the smoke detector with the microphone facing the detector) and you’ll be good to go!

Nest smoke detectors cannot directly connect to the system but the Firefighter sensor can monitor them. Only one is needed if the smoke detectors are interconnected.

Thank you! Ok, last question, for now :smiley: I am trying to checkout on your site and I don’t see a way to get the Surety Complete service, it’s only giving me surety home. Is that because I picked the “essential equipment” package? I want that package but I want the complete monthly?

I’ve attached a screenshot. Thank you!

That bundle comes with a free month of Surety Home.

You are never locked into a plan though. You can switch to Complete at any time in the system manager after activating your service with the Home plan, and you will only need to pay the pro-rated difference if the monthly service increase from your changes. This ensures you still get the value of the free month of Home.

1 Like

Thank you!