Feature Request: More Flexible Lock Rules

Currently, if I want my Z-Wave locks to disarm the system, it is an all or nothing proposition: “If lock unlocked by user code then disarm system.” It would be fantastic if there was flexibility for a rule like: “If lock unlocked by User 1 Code then disarm system.” This gets over the hump of everyone who has a lock code being able to disarm the system, even without panel access, and would make me feel much more comfortable issuing codes to folks like the dog walker… Right now I handle this by time limiting those user codes, but still, I think this would make for a much more flexible (and secure) solution.

Thanks for passing this to the powers that be…

That is an excellent suggestion and one that I will definitely forward up the chain.

I know this post is about a year and a half old but I would like to second that idea. I’m guessing nothing came of it because the options still seem to be the same.
Another option I’d request is to be able to have the door unlocking or locking trigger an event. For instance: with my Vera I could have my light turn on when I unlocked the door. Now I can only trigger that by OPENING the door. A subtle difference, you’d think, but one that we notice nearly every time.
Unlocking or locking (separately) should be able to trigger anything that a door sensor should.

Thanks,

-Jeremy

I like this idea, and we had discussed it in the past, though I don’t know of it being worked on. I’ll ask about this.

One thing that might affect this: the possible latency of the lock communication may in fact be greater than the time between unlocking and opening the door, meaning a rule based on sensor status may still trigger earlier.

Sure, I can see that.
This is one of those cases where laziness is the mother of invention, I guess you could say.
What we normally used to do was flick the lock, which would turn on the timed light. We would then put on our coats and head out the door, and the light would turn off after we left. Now, we have to go to the light switch or actually open the door to turn the light on, which isn’t a great idea when it’s cold.
So, like I said, laziness, but it was very convenient and worked for us, and it’s just one of these things where every time you don’t have it you’re like “WHY is this not possible!?”.

What we normally used to do was flick the lock, which would turn on the timed light. We would then put on our coats and head out the door, and the light would turn off after we left.

Hmm, good point. I was looking at lock rules to apply mostly when entering rather than leaving if you are talking about lighting, but you are right it would be hard to approximate what you are trying to accomplish with another type of rule. I’ll send this to ADC.

If you have any feature requests we are very happy to send them on, especially with a use case like this. It helps grease the wheels.