False Positive Fire Alarm

Hello, I continue to receive false positive reports from my alarm system on my furnace fire alarm.

I had to cancel the dispatched fire department and also had someone on site, as I am away from my house, confirm there is no smoke no fire no issue.

The central monitoring station has placed my system into a test mode for 24 hours.

I was hoping I could get additional information on the sensor reporting the fire like temperature or why it’s reporting.

Otherwise, as I will not be home until Sunday evening, could we please silence or remove the fire furnace smoke heat cold fire detector from my panel so I don’t continue to get these alerts every 30 to 60 minutes via my app

I was hoping I could get additional information on the sensor reporting the fire like temperature or why it’s reporting.

Unfortunately the sensor does not report context. Depending on the model of sensor it has a set threshold for heat or smoke. It only reports an alarm condition.

You mention it being a “heat/cold/fire” detector, are you saying this is the SMKT3 or SMKT8?

There is only one zone programmed as loop 1, so if it is one of those models you are only using the smoke detection portion of the sensor.

If your furnace is in an unfinished basement and the detector is there, dust is likely a factor.

Otherwise, as I will not be home until Sunday evening, could we please silence or remove the fire furnace smoke heat cold fire detector from my panel so I don’t continue to get these alerts every 30 to 60 minutes via my app

To clarify, would you like the actual fire detector zone to be deleted from the system? I can send a command to delete it, please confirm.

The sensor is currently in alarm, the system will need to be disarmed and not in an alarm state so that I can send the command.

I see that it has reported a couple more alarms. I’ve tried sending a disable command but I don’t think it will be successful unless your alarm status is disarmed.

Hi, yes please, remove it for now so I can investigate once I’m home. I’m sure dust is the cause and I’ll need to take care of that once home.

I believe it is a smkt3, and I wasn’t aware I had to program it in 3 zones+ to accommodate the functions of the sensor. I’ll need to do that as well.

I’ve disarmed the system again, and will try to do so for the rest of the evening so your delete command works properly. I removed notifications off my phone for the app after I put system into test mode…I was being alerted every few minutes.

That command has been resent.

Here is a guide on programming that sensor.