False Alarm? Simon XT

My remote property location says
Front door opened/ pending alarm
Front Door alarm
Front door left open.

The DVR camera recording shows no activity, door did not open. Door is closed.

I replace the door sensor batteries every year with Duracell/Energizer should last 5 yrs.
So it’s very unlikely due to a low battery.
The door sensors are screwed in place (both elements), not taped, so it should not be displaced or fallen.
Wind there today is average, 10mph to 15mph, and has not been triggered by wind previously.

I’ve never had a false alarm to my recollection.

What are the possible causes? No one is there to go check.
ADC “History” currently says “front door was left open”, but I can see it’s closed on live video. Normally it will say “Front Door Closed” after such a report, once the door is then closed. Desktop Website says “Front Door Open” in Sensor status list.

Thanks.

For door sensors there are very few things to consider. It is usually a physical issue with the sensor.

To best help, post a photo of that sensor in a closed position. If the magnet is at the edge of its magnetic gap it is more likely to experience an issue.

What model of sensor is it? If it is a particularly old sensor, you may want to replace it.

Thanks. remote location, can’t access. I always place centered with minimum gap with no offset in door closure depth (or will use a plywood base on magnet if door is inset in frame to get to same height).
Newer sensor, not the older long ones. I believe it’s Interlogix NX-650N 319.5 GE NX-650 60-362-319.5
Sensor set up is approx like this photo., 1/16" to 1/8" minimum gap as possible., aligned perfectly. Screwed in place.

If you are 100% sure the sensor and magnet are in place and as described, I would replace that sensor. There should be nothing short of a faulty reed switch allowing it to open.

That said, FYI there are some odd things about that location. This sensor has been force bypassed a couple times recently, meaning the sensor was reporting open at the time of arming. Is no one at this location usually?

There are also malfunctions from 3 different sensors which have been active since October.

Were you working on this system in late October? It appears there were some power outages reported around that time and another instance of an Alarm from this sensor.

Thanks for looking into it.
The malfunctions are disabled sensors, not a problem. No longer using those zones, but kept for possible later use.

The force bypass is likely a bad symptom for that (Front Door 1) sensor.

Since Oct, it has been vacant but electricians have needed access a couple of times.

The alarms and power outages in past 60 days is correct because electricians were working on electric sub panels in that building. So they set off the alarm entering a couple of times. Since then, I disarm normally when they access, then rearm when they leave. I have not had any issues arming/disarming for them at all. This is the first false alarm I remember having. They’re not going or working anywhere near the alarm system, and their work has completed. I did let one person in last Friday (9 days ago) for a final adjustment.

Alright, yep if everything else is explainable I would replace.